What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gronk

Staff member
Still would his sister

images

El Diablo

Post Whore
Frank's been smoking crack again

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ad...cture-fantastic-for-eels-20180525-p4zhk6.html

Administrator says big picture "fantastic" for Eels

A defiant Max Donnelly is adamant responsibility for Parramatta's wretched season is shared by the entire club and insists the Eels' future is "fantastic" despite supporters threatening legal action to have him removed as administrator.

A member of Parramatta's supporter base has written to NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian asking the state government to intervene and absolve Donnelly from his post at the Eels, which he has held for just shy of two years.

Parramatta remain rooted to the bottom of the NRL ladder with just two wins from their 12 matches this season and have been operating without numerous key football support staff roles employed by other clubs after the NRL operation posted a $10 million loss last year.

It has prompted the unusual approach to the state's top office from long-time member Andrew Eagleston, who penned a letter to Berejiklian this week questioning why an administrator was still in charge of the Eels.

Donnelly was appointed to run the scandal-ridden club by the state government mid-way through 2016.

Eagleston has canvassed support from a range of people and said he would gather the signatures of 100 members to pass a special resolution that could threaten Donnelly's continued tenure at Parramatta.

But the Eels boss remains unapologetic about his focus on making the leagues club – which props up the football club – financially viable and pushing through changes to its constitution.

Donnelly would not be drawn on the letter sent to Berejiklian given that he hadn't seen its contents, which include representations about the lack of junior rugby league development in the Parramatta basin and brand damage to the club.

But he hinted there were no immediate plans to walk away from his post.

"I don't know if I'm going to change any strategy I've got, and I don't know if the government is going to change their strategy," Donnelly said. "What I'm doing is involving the leagues club. That's the main part which generates the revenue to fund the football club. I think that's being run well.

"In the bigger picture things, I think, are fantastic for Parramatta. Are they good this year? Of course not. I understand that.

"Yes, we haven't won for our share of time. But to suggest it's not being addressed or we're not being aggressive or proactive in dealing with it is wrong.

"You've got to look at the bigger picture with these things, and the bigger picture is the leagues club and setting Parramatta up for the future, particularly with the new stadium [due to open in 2019].

"I've got no issue with members voicing their disappointment, but when they voice it I would just like a bit more logic."

Parramatta has been condemned to the bottom of the NRL ladder from the start of the season and will need to win at least 10 of their remaining 12 games just to squeeze into finals reckoning.
Their bumbling displays have confounded pre-season predictions that Brad Arthur's men would be a premiership force this year on the back of a top-four regular season finish in 2017.

Arthur almost single handedly held the club together during the salary cap crisis and remains contracted until the end of 2019.

Asked about Parramatta's on-field struggles, Donnelly said: "Yes, what's happening on the field is an issue.

"[But] this is not [just] Brad's problem, this is a club problem. That involves me as chairman, it involves the management, it involves Bernie Gurr as the CEO, it involves the board and it involves the players. It's everyone's problem.

"You're not 2-10 because of the coach, you're 2-10 because of a whole lot of factors. We have to deal with that and we will deal with it. And we've got a board there made up of prominent people who are doing a good job."

Eagleston has received legal advice from Justin Ratanatray from JKR Lawyers which claims it is "inconceivable" under the Registered Clubs Act 1976 Donnelly's appointment be one in perpetuity.

"If the state government doesn't intervene and have the administrator removed, we will apply to the Federal Court to have him removed," Eagleston said. "We've been in administration for two years. The future of the club should be settled quickly and handed back to the members."

El Diablo

Post Whore
nobody would ever vote for Spagnolo again except Jake and Jodeci

i don't care who this blokes mates are because he is right and Max needs to go

Bazal

Post Whore
nobody would ever vote for Spagnolo again except Jake and Jodeci

i don't care who this blokes mates are because he is right and Max needs to go

Yes but you're a f**king idiot.

This f**kass is only agitating for Max to GTFO for Spags' ends. Max goes, reforms don't get pushed, Eagelton himself suddenly lobs up with a ticket and one Roy Spagnolo is part of it.

Maybe it doesn't get up, but at best it takes us back to square one with f**kwits like Spags fighting with other f**kwits for control of the club for their own purposes and their own egos.

Max needs to get the job done, then stand aside for someone with footy nous.

84 Baby

Referee
Yes but you're a f**king idiot.

This f**kass is only agitating for Max to GTFO for Spags' ends. Max goes, reforms don't get pushed, Eagelton himself suddenly lobs up with a ticket and one Roy Spagnolo is part of it.

Maybe it doesn't get up, but at best it takes us back to square one with f**kwits like Spags fighting with other f**kwits for control of the club for their own purposes and their own egos.

Max needs to get the job done, then stand aside for someone with footy nous.
Even better how about these old failed f**kwits step aside, let the reforms go through and then we can get an actual board in

Bazal

Post Whore
the job's done you simpleton and now he's turning it into a complete mess

Is it?

Are the reforms through, are they? Previous members can't stand for the board, factions crippled, job done, all good, yeah?

Care to source that?

I'd have thought after looking like an absolute moron last night you'd have learned a lesson. Apparently you haven't the intelligence to know when you're comprehensively outgunned.

84 Baby

Referee
Is it?

Are the reforms through, are they? Previous members can't stand for the board, factions crippled, job done, all good, yeah?

Care to source that?

I'd have thought after looking like an absolute moron last night you'd have learned a lesson. Apparently you haven't the intelligence to know when you're comprehensively outgunned.
yoAKZBt42Mk_i4PxcVhzK5KYbvA9yIabXM_JDBwyMRG_ngetL6n5bAvbzI0R9Tax3RQ2Gr812bzy2uOWCceXB6cPim25H9A9R73I8138a3yfuopP73I35glWZdAVlDFJwETV-JVTH5qoeWigyalVYjo=w320-h180-nc