What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gronk

Staff member
ELBf7H.gif

ash411

Bench
FFS, there's an article on SMH about the Dragons dropping Benji, I had a read, cause I found it interesting, and look at the last paragraph...

Meanwhile, Dyldam has reportedly ended its association with Parramatta following Fairfax Media's revelations the company is more than $500,000 in arrears in its major sponsorship payments. It is understood Dyldam is claiming the Eels reneged on terms for an extension of the partnership into 2017

Clicky: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...l-career-now-likely-over-20160822-gqyhgu.html

Now, my question, what the serious f*ck does that have to do with Benji being dropped by the dragons? FMD.

strider

Post Whore

Gronk

Staff member
A furious Eels administrator Max Donnelly told News Corp: "It's outrageous!

"Why the hell do we have insurance?"
angered.gif

emjaycee

Coach
As I understand it, after the McKinnon accident, the NRL selected QBE as the insurer for all clubs (at least for the top 25). This is not a good precedent for the NRL that the first time there is a highly paid player getting a career ending injury, they go down the pre-existing injury excuse.

Given that Watmough has been insured by QBE (with both Manly and Parra paying the premiums) since they took over in 2014, they must believe the injury existed then. If they were that concerned you would think they would have done a full medical history on every top 25 player and then excluded certain players injuries from future claims.

I am with Mad Max - why the hell do we have insurance?