What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
H2gExGg.jpg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Is the new stadium still going to face the same way as the old one?
Yep. It will just move closer a bit closer to O'Connell St.

This was the artist's impression from last year. The final design might look different but I assume the siting/orientation of the stadium wont change.

Suity will correct me if I have gotten that wrong.

Just going back through some of the old stories and seeing some of the images/artist's impressions has gotten me pretty excited again.

8103076-3x2-700x467.jpg

eels_fan

First Grade
So Chiefy has pulled another scoop out of somewhere and is telling all on other platforms that the stadium is due to open after round 18 in 2019...

Wonder who has a better idea of the timeline? Bernie Gurr or Chiefy?

Gronk

Staff member
So Chiefy has pulled another scoop out of somewhere and is telling all on other platforms that the stadium is due to open after round 18 in 2019...

Wonder who has a better idea of the timeline? Bernie Gurr or Chiefy?

@chiefy1 throwing darts again ?

giphy.gif

chiefy1

Juniors
Boys - trust me - the stadium won't be open for the start of the 2019 season.

It's going to be after the middle part of that season, most likely in the latter half. Rounds 16 - 26.

I know this for a fact.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yep. It will just move closer a bit closer to O'Connell St.

This was the artist's impression from last year. The final design might look different but I assume the siting/orientation of the stadium wont change.

Suity will correct me if I have gotten that wrong.

Just going back through some of the old stories and seeing some of the images/artist's impressions has gotten me pretty excited again.

8103076-3x2-700x467.jpg

Spot on with all of that Gaz.
And the pic you posted is pretty much the latest design, so that's just about how it should look when complete.
In the aerial earthworks photo I posted above, you can see the L-shaped south-east corner already in position at the top just left of centre of the photo.
Then when you look at your pic, it's actually a pretty tight fit on the site, having a reasonably large O'Connell st forecourt and squeezing it between that and the Old Kings Oval.
It's no wonder they needed the old swimming pool space.