What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Spot on with all of that Gaz.
And the pic you posted is pretty much the latest design, so that's just about how it should look when complete.
In the aerial earthworks photo I posted above, you can see the L-shaped south-east corner already in position at the top just left of centre of the photo.
Then when you look at your pic, it's actually a pretty tight fit on the site, having a reasonably large O'Connell st forecourt and squeezing it between that and the Old Kings Oval.
It's no wonder they needed the old swimming pool space.
I quite like the frontage to O'Connell Street with the forecourt where the pool once was. Opens up the site nicely.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Guys. I've just been talking to my connections. I don't want to shit in anyones wheaties but I have it on good authority that the stadium wont be ready by Round 1 2018.

Suitman

Post Whore
I quite like the frontage to O'Connell Street with the forecourt where the pool once was. Opens up the site nicely.

The access to the old stadium was appalling.
Hopefully the new forecourt opens up the opportunities for game day activities, food stalls etc, which I believe is the whole idea.
It's something ANZ and Suncorp has, but Allainz is just dreadful for in and out access.

Gronk

Staff member
FFS the journos will be writing about these scoops right now.

You're a f**king scavenger Josh !

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lets try this out...

I have heard that the approved design did not meet the Australian Standards for number of shitters. In a last minute design change they had to turn BA's coaches' chair into a nugget throne.

Suitman

Post Whore
"Only 2 years to go"

We take that literally and we say it will be done around september 2019

That was a WSW's promotional video so I think they meant 2 seasons to go.
The state govt want it finished before the next election, which I think is in March 2019, so the Eels will only have one more season away, while the Wanderers have two more seasons away.

phantom eel

First Grade
Even if the State Govt wants it finished by their farewell/next election, it doesn't guarantee it will happen.

I reckon maybe mid-2019, and the NRL will schedule us for away/Homebuh matches in the first half of the season draw, just in case.

Suitman

Post Whore
I went down to the stadium today.
I was shocked at the change in the amount of earthworks that have been completed since I was there just 5 weeks ago.
The South and east concourses have been shaped ready for construction and the govt is right - they are very steep. It looked sensational even at this early stage. This stadium is going to be the best small stadium in Australia - better even than AAMI Park.
Plenty of piling has been completed for the western corporate side stand, and a lot of plumbing has been installed for the southern end - presumably for toilet facilities, catering outlets, drainage etc...

I was however surprised at how narrow the proposed forecourt width is along O'Connell street.
It's much narrower than I thought it would be, but I did say last week this stadium was a tight fit between O'Connell st and the Old Kings Oval.
The Leagues club car park and facilities are coming along nicely. 3 storeys up now.

Gronk

Staff member
I'll tell you what, the light rail will be great when complete, but from us merkins who dwell in the city and east, I can tell you that Parramatta is going to be in a world of pain for years.

The corridor from Circular Quay to Town Hall, then over my way Kingsford Kensington Randwick is an abortion.

strider

Post Whore
I'll tell you what, the light rail will be great when complete, but from us merkins who dwell in the city and east, I can tell you that Parramatta is going to be in a world of pain for years.

The corridor from Circular Quay to Town Hall, then over my way Kingsford Kensington Randwick is an abortion.
Yeah i worked in surry hills for a few months ... what a shemozzle