What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

strider

Post Whore
Isnt it being done by a private firm who won the tender though? ... wouldnt they have incentives to get it done on (or close to) time?

The things that can slow it down unexpectedly are weather and red tape ... id gladys can try n keep the red tape in the closet and we have a serious drought for a while, then we are in

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
public works offer financial incentives for early completion but builders also try and drag it out to get extension of time variations, no PWD contract is ever completed for the tendered price and hence when the variation get approved they get extensions of time granted too

builders get way with it and PWD are too spineless to stand up to them

Gronk

Staff member
Isnt it being done by a private firm who won the tender though? ... wouldnt they have incentives to get it done on (or close to) time?

The things that can slow it down unexpectedly are weather and red tape ... id gladys can try n keep the red tape in the closet and we have a serious drought for a while, then we are in
Not much residential around there. They should just go full China mode and build 24/7 no f**ks given.

Get on it Gladys.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not much residential around there. They should just go full China mode and build 24/7 no f**ks given.

Get on it Gladys.

DA approval has restricted working hours to the following:

7 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday.
8 am to 1 pm Saturdays.

**Work can continue from 1 pm to 5 pm on Saturdays if noise levels do not exceed 10 db at the nearest boundary of any neighbouring property.

strider

Post Whore
public works offer financial incentives for early completion but builders also try and drag it out to get extension of time variations, no PWD contract is ever completed for the tendered price and hence when the variation get approved they get extensions of time granted too

builders get way with it and PWD are too spineless to stand up to them
Prick Wanking Deros?

strider

Post Whore
DA approval has restricted working hours to the following:

7 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday.
8 am to 1 pm Saturdays.

**Work can continue from 1 pm to 5 pm on Saturdays if noise levels do not exceed 10 db at the nearest boundary of any neighbouring property.
Isnt the only neighbour the leagues club?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Interesting that it applies to 'neighbouring properties', rather than 'residences'.

The Leagues Club isn't technically a 'residence', although it wouldn't surprise me if Bernie lived there.

Gronk

Staff member
Pretty much.
It's a standard clause, so I'm guessing work may continue to 5 pm on Saturday's, unless f**king Max or Bernie complain.

Open 9am - 6am every day.

Maybe the workers will complain about the piss heads wandering onto the site ?

Get it done Gladys.

Suitman

Post Whore
Interesting that it applies to 'neighbouring properties', rather than 'residences'.

The Leagues Club isn't technically a 'residence', although it wouldn't surprise me if Bernie lived there.

It actually does say residences actually. I just dumbed down my reply.
The actual clause says

i) that exceeds 10 dBA above the measured rating background noise level at the boundary of the most affected residences.

There's other sub-clauses as well.
Anyway, there is a link to the DA in the link I provided above.

There are more requirements for reports and certificates than there are conditions on the build.
(Red Tape).
Granted, a lot of these preliminary reports would have already been prepared.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It actually does say residences actually. I just dumbed down my reply.
The actual clause says

i) that exceeds 10 dBA above the measured rating background noise level at the boundary of the most affected residences.

There's other sub-clauses as well.
Anyway, there is a link to the DA in the link I provided above.

There are more requirements for reports and certificates than there are conditions on the build.
(Red Tape).
Granted, a lot of these preliminary reports would have already been prepared.
Thanks Suity. That makes sense.

phantom eel

First Grade
The move to relocate the Powerhouse Museum to Parramatta (previously trumpeted in this thread) seems to be coming under increasing scrutiny and question.

It may well be that Gladys truns this into a non-core LNP promise, and the whole notion is watered down due to practical considerations that were not considered when Mike Baird jumped the gun to make a (politically inspired) announcement?

September 2 2017 - 12:15AM
Whose idea was it to move the Powerhouse Museum in the first place?

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...use-museum-in-the-first-place-20170830-gy74k3

phantom eel

First Grade
It's booming I tells ya, and it's all good news not for the profiteer/developers, but for our Stadium... somehow... ?

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/...tes-on-parramattas-eat-street-for-around-50m/

Developer snaps up two prime sites on Parramatta’s “Eat Street” for around $50m

upload_2017-9-6_21-16-20.jpeg

A Sydney-based property developer has snapped up two large development sites on Parramatta’s “Eat Street” for around $50 million.

Coronation Property have purchased 263 and 295 Church St, the latter being the iconic Crown Hotel, in the mammoth deal.

While Coronation Property will retain the management of the Crown Hotel, the 1082 sqm site is tipped to be turned into a luxurious complex, with Gateway approval in place for a development featuring 45 residential levels and 1,100 sqm of retail and basement parking.

upload_2017-9-6_21-16-33.jpeg

On top of this, Coronation Property will look at restoring the three-level heritage building at 263 Church St, with ground floor retail and an office space on the higher levels.

Coronation Property’s managing director Joe Nahas said that the recent purchase demonstrated the commitment the company has to providing an integrated lifestyle offering for the community.

“We will bring our brand of lifestyle-enhancing amenity to this new site on Church Street,” he said.

The site on 295 Church St was purchased from Iris Capital and is near Coronation Property’s other development 8 Phillip Street.

upload_2017-9-6_21-16-43.jpeg

Anthony Khoury of Khoury and Partners sealed the deal on the sale of 295 Church St and said the site had attracted plenty of interest since hitting the market late last year.

“It is a strategic site on Church Street with the buyers knowing the area well and planning to further develop,” he said.

The complex will likely consist of around 157 units, he added.

More details about 295 Church St will be revealed in the coming months ahead of its expected release to the market in 2018.

Suitman

Post Whore
36567517224_fb7862970d_b.jpg

37230512076_fdda1c38ac_b.jpg