What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Why wasn't the thing designed in the first place so that it could be reconfigured into a useful stadium? What a massive f**k up. If I was in charge I'd have built it out of paper mache and paddle pop sticks.

Suitman

Post Whore
Proposed commercial tower over the top of Westfield.

LzXM0AO.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
Popped in for a look today whilst I had to go to Parra for a meeting. WOW.

This is really forging ahead so fast. Heaps of concrete poured, foundations for terraces and some stands going up. It is really starting to take shape. So much action going on there now.
jpgs or it didn't happen.

amitropo

Juniors

This is really forging ahead so fast. Heaps of concrete poured, foundations for terraces and some stands going up. It is really starting to take shape. So much action going on there now.
Any pics?

Suitman

Post Whore

But according to Bart it's going to finish overtime and over budget. Thank god that f**ker isn't here any more ruining every post in this thread.
Thanks for the update mate. Did you have a look from that western side vantage point I mentioned before?

forward pass

Coach
jpgs or it didn't happen.

Not easy because the place is very concealed.
But according to Bart it's going to finish overtime and over budget. Thank god that f**ker isn't here any more ruining every post in this thread.
Thanks for the update mate. Did you have a look from that western side vantage point I mentioned before?

Yes I did. I took a couple of photos but buggered if I can post them as my photobucket account won't let me unless I upgrade????

Happy MEel

First Grade
Not easy because the place is very concealed.

Yes I did. I took a couple of photos but buggered if I can post them as my photobucket account won't let me unless I upgrade????
This is clearly a pain in the ass but for your fellow forumites, Are you able to screenshot them and upload direct from your phone?

Suitman

Post Whore

Mate, after your post yesterday, I couldn't help but go down and have a look today myself.
You are correct. Astounding progress in the past 6 weeks since I was there last.
More steel going up today for the south end upper tier. Western, northern and eastern concourses are in overdrive. Incredible amount of machinery on site. There's not one part of the stadium that isn't being worked on. Enormous amount of workers there.
Considering they only started demolition in February, the progress has been amazing.
Thanks for the tip off.

emjaycee

Coach
Hi blokes.

To be honest, that space noted as "proposed building" was where I always thought this hotel was going to be built.
I never knew that the hotel was to be situated in the remaining existing car park space until now.
So, I can't tell you what might be going there.

And yes Strides, that little white square is the cottage that is currently there.
f**k knows what will ever become of that space, although in the first of the pics above, it shows it as landscaped public space.
My recollection of the original plans was that the hotel was going to be built where the temporary carpark currently is (where the old Eels Store and Football Office was). But my memory is pretty shit at times.

The "proposed building" is on stadium land, not Leagues Club land so not sure it was ever going to be given over for a hotel owned by the club mate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My recollection of the original plans was that the hotel was going to be built where the temporary carpark currently is (where the old Eels Store and Football Office was). But my memory is pretty shit at times.

The "proposed building" is on stadium land, not Leagues Club land so not sure it was ever going to be given over for a hotel owned by the club mate.
But most importantly where is the Ghetto going to be built??