What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Now the famous old Roxy Theatre is getting a makeover. It's a f**king dump at the moment.

38976598271_e90da56c7b_o.jpg

38976597421_d643f071ca_b.jpg

38260586964_92632ac62c_o.jpg
Sometimes the thirst to develop clouds the mind. Saving heritage landmarks can be done without putting a tasteless glass tower on it's roof.

Slow down Parramatta Council and think before you pull the trigger.

strider

Post Whore
yeah tbh that looks pretty f**ked

I think I saw the first Star Wars movie at the Roxy back in 1978

Gronk

Staff member
yeah tbh that looks pretty f**ked

I think I saw the first Star Wars movie at the Roxy back in 1978

I may have too. I recall playing Galaga a lot in the foyer but.

The Roxy is a classic free standing art deco (?) building. Surely it can be preserved amongst all the new glass towers in Parra ?

amitropo

Juniors
For a club that wants to be one of the largest sporting brands in the country, they have left us in the dark regarding any progress or design to the new stadium.
Well done to Wanderers. Building the hype nicely for their fans to their new home.
Would be nice to get a time lapse video or link once a month to current members or even to live feed cameras in different locations.

Suitman

Post Whore
For a club that wants to be one of the largest sporting brands in the country, they have left us in the dark regarding any progress or design to the new stadium.
Well done to Wanderers. Building the hype nicely for their fans to their new home.
Would be nice to get a time lapse video or link once a month to current members or even to live feed cameras in different locations.

Good point.
I didn't put the video on just to pump up the Wanderers tyres, I just thought it was cool.
In saying that, yes, I think the Eels could do more to inform us fans on the progress of the new stadium, considering how many Eels fans, just like the Wanderers, are disgruntled about the seasons we are having at Homebush.
Unlike the teams from the east and the new stadium plans for Allianz, neither the Wanderers nor Eels were offered any compensation for having to relocate.