What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

emjaycee

Coach
But he loses points for getting the date of the report wrong.
The Draft Greater Sydney Region Plan (aka 'The Report') was released in October 2017.

Here's the cover with the date on it (refer bottom right hand corner):

View attachment 17484

Here is a link to where you can read the report:

https://gsc-public-1.s3.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/draft_greater_sydney_region_plan_web.pdf

You're welcome

Where did I say anything about a report being released you f**ken merkin.
I said Mrs Turnbull released a strategy in 2016 which she did via the Bradfield Oration in October 2016.
Now apologise for being an asshole and STFU.... please.

strider

Post Whore
Its a good "theory" to have multiple "cities" in sydney ... however it falls apart in practice

they have harped on about parramatta being another city for yonks - but problem is large companies dont want to be out there because the city is mostly where their clients are, being central opens you up to the largest range of good employee talent, and the airport is close to the city

You try and setup your business at parramatta/further west then you are probably never gonna get employees from the east, north and south

Perhaps a western airport might help a little, but there arent many incentives for businesses to locate well away from the city .... north sydney was the only place thats worked as an alternative cos its practically in the city anyway .... parra/chatswood/hurstville/kogarah have only had limited success in the past, and its really only government departments who have made it happen on a large scale

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its a good "theory" to have multiple "cities" in sydney ... however it falls apart in practice

they have harped on about parramatta being another city for yonks - but problem is large companies dont want to be out there because the city is mostly where their clients are, being central opens you up to the largest range of good employee talent, and the airport is close to the city

You try and setup your business at parramatta/further west then you are probably never gonna get employees from the east, north and south

Perhaps a western airport might help a little, but there arent many incentives for businesses to locate well away from the city .... north sydney was the only place thats worked as an alternative cos its practically in the city anyway .... parra/chatswood/hurstville/kogarah have only had limited success in the past, and its really only government departments who have made it happen on a large scale
Agreed and it goes hand in hand with the other point you've previously made about supporting infrastructure. It is only when there is improved connectivity between these nodes that there will be a better uptake of businesses etc in areas outside of the CBD.

I don't live down there but from what I can see it is starting to happen, but there is still some way to go.

There is good transport infrastructure from the city to the west. The poor infrastructure is from the west to the east and that's because of the number of people heading that way.

Take a train from Penrith to Central in the morning and then the next day do the reverse and you'll see what I'm talking about. Drive the M4 in both directions and you'll see what I'm talking about. There's decent vacant capacity east-to-west in the morning and west-to-east in the afternoon.

The trick is getting businesses there. So, governments should make the first move and put big departments in Parra and Penrith. That will give those cities a boost and then, when locals start clamouring for those jobs and the demand goes up (and salaries possibly go down as people sacrifice for close proximity to work) companies will follow.

chiefy1

Juniors
I drove past the site this morning. Apparently they are building a hadouken behind the northern end posts.
Not sure if anyone else noticed it.