What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
giphy.gif

Suitman

Post Whore
Might be good for the players. It's shit for spectators.
Look how far fans are away from the pitch on the sides!!

Suitman

Post Whore
On NRL360 they said it will be across 5 days ie. thur-sun

you would imagine the Qld sides wont be playing each other so as to spread the qld interest

lots of free tickets given away id imagine

Lot's of interstate travellers as well I would imagine. Imagine a weekend away with your mates being able to watch as much RL as you choose to and get on the piss at night. Then have time to recover in the morning and do it again the next day. Pretty enticing actually. Not to mention all the interstate teams fans that reside in Brisbane. There's a shit load of Parra fans there for a start.
This format has been a pretty reasonable success in the ESL. It's been happening there for 11 seasons now. If it was so shite, it wouldn't have lasted that long.

Lot's of interstate travellers as well I would imagine. Imagine a weekend away with your mates being able to watch as much RL as you choose to and get on the piss at night. Then have time to recover in the morning and do it again the next day. Pretty enticing actually. Not to mention all the interstate teams fans that reside in Brisbane. There's a shit load of Parra fans there for a start.
This format has been a pretty reasonable success in the ESL. It's been happening there for 11 seasons now. If it was so shite, it wouldn't have lasted that long.
I wouldn't be surprised if they get a better turn out than what they could in Sydney. Of course they would have to do it here to make a comparison. I doubt they will though.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Theres a lot of kiwis up there, as well as a shit load of dragons fans

The english version "magic weekend" is across 2 days, they only have 12 sides

We are doing it across 5 days 16 sides

I like the idea, just reckon there will be a couple of days they will have to throw in freebies to get people in
We wont know till it happens I guess

Interesting which match ups will happen and on what days

5 days? So there'll be a Monday game?

Put the Broncos, Cowboys and Storm on different days and they will draw decent crowds by themselves. Coupled with additional games, Suncorp will sell out on those days.

I'd play it across 4 days and put the Parra and Dragons games on the fourth day, as we both have good sized support in Qld.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm not a fan of the idea.
Just because it works in England, doesn't mean it will work here.
Is the city of Brisbane paying the NRL for this to happen? Wouldn't it be better to have it in Sydney where half the teams are actually located?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
but Victoria dont have an origin team

I know the NRL ar trying to promote League in Victoria but would anyone go the the SCG to watch Victorians play against Qld ?

They would do better to play an international match, something AFL cannot do

strider

Post Whore
but Victoria dont have an origin team

I know the NRL ar trying to promote League in Victoria but would anyone go the the SCG to watch Victorians play against Qld ?

They would do better to play an international match, something AFL cannot do
You think droves of people will flock to the MCG to watch Australia smash some other league nation? ... more than will go to an Origin game? ....

alot of victorians have little time for league EXCEPT Origin ... the amount of victorians i have talked to who say I dont watch league except Origin

Last Week

Bench
I'm not a fan of the idea.
Just because it works in England, doesn't mean it will work here.
Is the city of Brisbane paying the NRL for this to happen? Wouldn't it be better to have it in Sydney where half the teams are actually located?

The Queensland government is paying for the magic weekend yes. It's the NRLs way of saying sorry for not granting them the Grand Final.

Gronk

Staff member
Well if 100,000 mexicans are happy to flock to see origin at the MCG, they are all f**king mad or have a good pair of binoculars or both.

313A2619-F024-44D8-890E-55B70EF5705A.jpeg

Latest posts