What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
f**k you're a dill.
Nobody said that you stated it would be the best stadium in the world. You stated that there was nothing like it in the world.
You're wrong, because there is.
Plenty like it actually.

100% For a comparable 35,000 seater. Osaka - opened in 2016.

chiefy1

Juniors
100% For a comparable 35,000 seater. Osaka - opened in 2016.

Yea well ours is much steeper and closer to the action. It's comparable, but our upper decks are an absolute wall of fans. You won't appreciate it until you've seen it in the flesh.

For intimacy and closeness, no stadium that I've seen is better.

I've seen it live, so you fools are clutching at straws until you jump the fence mofos

Gronk

Staff member
Yea well ours is much steeper and closer to the action. It's comparable, but our upper decks are an absolute wall of fans. You won't appreciate it until you've seen it in the flesh.

I've seen it live, so you fools are clutching at straws until you jump the fence mofos

Sure mate
coffee.gif

Suitman

Post Whore

You've convinced me with that argument Chiefy. There'll be nothing like it in the world.
Thanks for the inside info.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Would we be the first wooden spooners to start a season at a new multi million dollar stadium?
We would be in the top 3 at least id imagine?

that's what I would like to know about it...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Does chiefy really think we believe that he was a ‘special invite’ to check out the unfinished stadium?

Im not sure if you knew about the stadium before they tore it down, round the corner, as you enter Parramatta park, behind Sterlo hill, there were some squatters living in the scrubs

that all im saying....

Eelogical

Referee
there's some cool old photos in the gallery it clicks to .... I love looking at old photos of places

44120798132_66d2909599_h.jpg
Nice photo of the top end of town.My hobby is Australian history, but trying to get today's youngin's interested is harder than us winning a premiership.

beave

Coach
My old man was posted to the Lancer barracks in parra (across from the train station) in the early/mid 90’s. He was fulltime but a lot of his work was on the weekends with the reservists, this meant if the Eels were at home on a sunday I would get a ride up from Holsworthy with him, $20 would get me a hill ticket and a few chiko rolls and cokes as a 14-15 year old, it was enough coin to get me through 3 grades footy......

I have many great memories of going to the old parra stadium being a neutral fan, I was born and bred in Tvl so moving down to sydney was an eye opener and a very big change for me, but the access to top level footy was amazing. Seeing Sterlo and Kenny in their twilight is something I am so grateful for, I was fortunate enough to see Lockyer make his debut there in 1995. He f**king tore it up pretty much from the moment he touched the field.

Anyone remember the metal shop in parra ‘The Hammerhouse’?? Between that and Peter Wynns, I could have pretty much spent my entire pocket money at both joints on a weekly basis.

Good times.

Dibs

Bench
Does chiefy really think we believe that he was a ‘special invite’ to check out the unfinished stadium?
I’m fairly confident he was hoping someone would ask him how he knows what it looks like from the inside so he could tell us that.

Latest posts