What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
Secondly,

The proposal to move the pool is in motion........http://www.dailytele...0ff43f3b49e9445

I can see it already.

Eels fans outraged at facilities at Parra Stadium. Government agrees to build a new one.

Parramatta locals outraged at the closure of local swim centre to make way for new stadium. Council agrees to build new one.

Golfing fans outraged that their local course will be shortened to make way for new swim centre.

emjaycee

Coach
I can see it already.

Eels fans outraged at facilities at Parra Stadium. Government agrees to build a new one.

Parramatta locals outraged at the closure of local swim centre to make way for new stadium. Council agrees to build new one.

Golfing fans outraged that their local course will be shortened to make way for new swim centre.

Except the golf fans stopped using it and it closed in 2005.

emjaycee

Coach
Ha. really? I had no idea. What a waste of space that is then.

Apologies - I meant closed in 2015, not 2005 (typo)

Originally the Golf Course land was part of Parramatta Park and when they built the rail-line they effectively annexed it. As a result it was turned into a 9 hole golf course but I think technically it was leased and remained part of the 'Park' officially.

Closing the golf course in 2015 reverted the land back to the Parramatta Park Trustee or whatever they are called.

More

Interestingly there is a gate to Parramatta Park on the Great Western Highway at Mays Hill, next door to Parramatta High School which is on land that was once part of Parramatta Park and traverses through the golf course.

ash411

Bench
Ha. really? I had no idea. What a waste of space that is then.

Yeah it's all overgrown and not at all golf course-y looking anymore.

It used to be quite a pretty course too..

The land is pretty much going to waste now.. May as well relocate the pools there.

Green River Eel

Juniors
What sort of freaks and deviates swim in Parramatta pool?
Its a filthy hive of cryptosporidium, piss and shit, who in the f**k would swim in there let alone go in the change rooms?

Gronk

Staff member
Its a filthy hive of cryptosporidium, piss and shit, who in the f**k would swim in there let alone go in the change rooms?

The same weirdos that hang around Church Street Mall ?

ash411

Bench

I have no idea, the thought of public pools irk the hell out of me..

phantom eel

First Grade
I can see it already.

Simple solution... aquagolf!

Fanbase

Juniors
I recon Pou would have been there a few times, giving the mens trough in the change rooms a good lick as he whacked off.

I once saw pau while I was on the toilet. he stuck his head under the cubical door and asked me to use his mouth. so I did and he's been talking s**t ever since.

Suitman

Post Whore
Major construction firms short-listed to build new Western Sydney Stadium in Parramatta

Kylie Adoranti, Parramatta Advertiser
July 13, 2016 12:00am

THREE major construction firms have been short-listed to build the new Western Sydney Stadium in Parramatta.

John Holland, Brookfield Multiplex and lendlease are the preferred contenders for the stadium following the State Government’s call for expressions of interest from the private sector last month.

The 30,000-seat, rectangular venue will be built on the site of Pirtek Stadium in O’Connell St.

The three firms all have extensive experience in stadium construction.

John Holland took on the $119 million project to increase capacity for the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Brookfield Multiplex is in the process of building the 60,000-seat Perth Stadium, and Sports Precinct and lendlease recently won the $338 million contract to refurbish Melbourne’s Rod Laver Area.

http://www.dailytele...835ab936cc5bf5b

Suitman

Post Whore
Stage 1 DA about to be submitted
smile.gif

Western Sydney Stadium (Concept & Stage 1 Demolition)
Staged development application for a concept proposal for a new 30,000 seat stadium, comprising:

> building envelopes for future ancillary facilities on Connell Street

> provision of approximately 500 car parking spaces on site, including retention and re-location of existing at grade car-parking for the stadium; and

> demolition of the existing Parramatta Pool and related buildings and structures.

Detailed approval for Stage 1 works is also proposed, comprising: demolition of the existing stadium and related structures;
demolition of the existing pool and related buildings and structures;
and subdivision and enabling infrastructure works.

a maximum total Gross Floor Area (GFA) of approximately 60,000 m2
(excluding the playing pitch) for the
stadium development, including:

additional seating for approximately 10,000 more spectators via provision of a seating bowl with 30,000 seats,
including 27,000 general admission seats and 3,000 corporate seats;

five levels of premium box/terrace, function/lounge offerings and a number of suite offerings;

flood lighting, stadium video screens and other ancillary fittings;

additional facilities for team, media, administration and amenity such as changing rooms, media rooms,
and food and beverage outlets;

- a maximum total GFA of approximately 20,000 m2
for ancillary development within the northern corner of the
Site;

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.go...ob&job_id=7534

27811582023_599100e456_b.jpg

27811582923_0886b763cb_o.jpg

28144704570_1a16a9735d_b.jpg