What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
images

The scene where he abuses the Hire car attendant at the airport is still one of the funniest f**king scenes I have ever seen in any movie.

forward pass

Coach
Here we go again !! Looks like the 'North Parramatta Residents Action Group' NPRAG are starting to kick up a stink about the stadium development. No link here but refer to their facebook page.

Is this going to be another Friends Of Parramatta Park episode?

ash411

Bench
Here we go again !! Looks like the 'North Parramatta Residents Action Group' NPRAG are starting to kick up a stink about the stadium development. No link here but refer to their facebook page.

Is this going to be another Friends Of Parramatta Park episode?
They'll whinge and cry on Facebook, and nothing will come of it.

It's a big win point for Baird, and a group of bored housewives aren't going to stop it.

ash411

Bench
NPRAG must really hate what the RBB bring to their neighbourhood on gamedays...?

#thankswanderers
Holy crap I have just been skimming through their FB page and my god..

Their main grip seems to be that the pools are going to be demolished to make way for the new stadium precinct. And their big "smoking gun" is asking how can they take the crown land the pools are built on (which they called "OUR land", btw) and re-use it for the stadium.

The bit they're missing is that the Government (i.e. crown) is building and will ultimately own the land the stadium precinct is on. So they aren't "taking" anything, they're just knocking down some scummy pools to make way for a new sports stadium that will benefit everyone.

I don't get these people, I really don't.

Suitman

Post Whore
Holy crap I have just been skimming through their FB page and my god..

Their main grip seems to be that the pools are going to be demolished to make way for the new stadium precinct. And their big "smoking gun" is asking how can they take the crown land the pools are built on (which they called "OUR land", btw) and re-use it for the stadium.

The bit they're missing is that the Government (i.e. crown) is building and will ultimately own the land the stadium precinct is on. So they aren't "taking" anything, they're just knocking down some scummy pools to make way for a new sports stadium that will benefit everyone.

I don't get these people, I really don't.

They're going to get a new pool anyway. So they should just stfu.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
To many NIMBY merkins around these days that interfere with sensible and necessary development.

If you don't like it, move to Russia.