What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
The problem with that is that everyone has to stand or no-one at all. Spectators standing at the front will obscure the views of patrons behind - although I realise with the RBB they will all stand.

Also - flip up seats are basically standard at all stadiums now aren't they?

Yes, flip up seats are the standard in most new stadiums . It allows for easy access for patrons as they walk up and down seat rows.
So, no one has to stand if they don't want to.
What it DOES allow for is for patrons that want to stand (RBB) can do so.

But in fairness the difference here is that the Melbourne stadium is in the heart of Melbourne, close to CBD and can be seen prominently from many surrounding areas - it is basically part of the skyline so they really needed to do something pretty special with the roof.

I agree - we have no need for a fancy roof whatsoever.

I disagree. There is no need to make an architectural statement with the roof like Melbourne did. There are zillions of examples of stadiums that look great without spending the money Melbourne did. It's the façade that can make a stadium look great. And you can do that with some cheap architectural features and great lighting. You don't even need to use LED's which can be expensive themselves.
What we need the roof to do is be practical. We don't need another SFS where just weeks afterit's opening, more patrons were getting wet from the weather even though it had a fancy roof.
It's not that hard.
oJjc6qF.jpg

aA4WBwo.jpg

The govt needs to be smart about this.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
Yes, flip up seats are the standard in most new stadiums . It allows for easy access for patrons as they walk up and down seat rows.
So, no one has to stand if they don't want to.
What it DOES allow for is for patrons that want to stand (RBB) can do so.

In which case - why is this even an issue? If they want to stand they can.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not sure who you are talking about. They're and They've?

If you are talking about the RBB, they aren't even part of the discussions.
Thank god.

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
I know.
The flip up seats is my opinion of what I think will happen for compromise.
Some still want safe standing, but I don't think that will happen.

Suity

I think what FP meant is that flip up seats are the norm for new stadiums. So it's not a compromise.

The snazy new 49ers stadium even has cup holders on their comfy flip-up seats.

photo-jul-31-1-45-51-pm-e1380573087596.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
So you agree it's not a compromise with WSW, cos they were always going to be flip up ? ;-)

No, I'm saying that the safe standing area will be a compromise.
That area will also end up with flip up, not rail seating.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
Not a fan of cup holders ... they just get in the way ... ffs your cup will be in your bloody hand

Not a fan of cup holders ... they just get in the way ... ffs your cup will be in your bloody hand

It's harder to piss on the bloke in front of you if you have hold your own cup. Get with the program.

I'm pretty sure that all of Canberra Stadium has cup holders and flip up seats. But the 'safe standing' thing sort a works better with no seats and a rail...the seat in front of you are too low to provide the support that a rail does. I think if they are going to do this, it needs to be pretty clear that if you buy tickets in area X, you're expected to stand.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Just a Question how will the new build effect season tickets.Personally think there should be discount or something.

I'm not sure too many stadium projects that involve investing tens of millions of $$ end out reducing the cost of attending games. I might be wrong.

Latest posts