What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not sure too many stadium projects that involve investing tens of millions of $$ end out reducing the cost of attending games. I might be wrong.

Not in this, or many other countries, no.
But Germany has been able to.
They can also crash trains, which I found really bizarre and quite strange this morning, so not everything Germany does is great. They do get a lot right though.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Anyway, for anyone who is even remotely interested in design procedures, progress and whatnot, there is always this thread. http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/forum/69-western-sydney-wanderers/
Quite a shame but it seems most on here are more concerned about the Wanderers not getting what they want, instead of just discussing what would be good for Eels fans, or even, just generally, what fans here would like to see in a new stadium.

It's amazing because Parra fans like to claim Pirtek as their own, yet very few here want to contribute to what could really ensure the future of the Eels and put us above just about every other club besides Brisbane and Melbourne. We really could be the envy of Sydney NRL, with a 35000 capacity stadium and some years of success. We could smash all the other Sydney clubs.
The Dragons are a joke. All that history and such, yet they struggle to sell out a shit hole like Oki. They've had shit loads of govt money given to them for two home grounds and yet they rarely fill either of them.
Manly, with state and federal leaders in govt, can't even get funding to do up their local Brookvale ShitPark. Ha.
West Tigers don't know where they belong. How many home grounds do they need?
Penrith will always just be our little cousins, no matter what Pimple Head says.
Sharks are, and always will be a joke.
Roosters, Bulldogs and Souths play out of stadiums that are just way too large.

Here we are, with the govt throwing $300 million at us, and all you lot can think of is making sure the Wanderers don't get 1000 safe standing seats. FMD?

How about throwing some ideas at what would be great for the Eels? So we can smack down every other club in Sydney within 5 years of the stadium being completed? We could smash their membership numbers. And turnover. And articles like that crap in the tabloid today would see us making a profit.

Not in this, or many other countries, no.
But Germany has been able to.
They can also crash trains, which I found really bizarre and quite strange this morning, so not everything Germany does is great. They do get a lot right though.

Suity

Yes, Germany has been responsible for one or two things that didn't work out quite so well, as well as high quality precision engineering.

I was going to say that the German clubs are also subject to the '50% + 1' rule....in terms of who controls them, and while this explains the difference in price relative to Man U / Liverpool /Arsenal / Chelsea....it doesn't explain why they are cheaper than other 'club' run places.

Suitman

Post Whore
Another pic posted on the other site.
170 million Euros.

Bordeaux-Stadium_Herzog_de-Meuron_dezeen_784_5.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Im easy to please ... i just want a comfy seat thats not too squishy.

I dont drink much at games cos i have to drive home after.
I dont eat at games cos the food is usually shit ... can go a few hours without food n drink
A decent place to piss would be ok

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Quite a shame but it seems most on here are more concerned about the Wanderers not getting what they want, instead of just discussing what would be good for Eels fans, or even, just generally, what fans here would like to see in a new stadium.

When eels supporters say that want seats, that's them discussing what they want.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
That's great for the Wanderers mate.
How about we start hearing what Eels fans want?

Suity

By them I mean the current stadium and Gov.

I've said before too, I'm not fussed if they have Safe Standing, as long as it does not disrupt the other codes etc, no dramas.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
With all due respect Gaz, a new stadium will have seats.
Stop being a smart arse. Or don't bother posting.

I'll post what I like, when I like.

You think that eels fans haven't put forward what they want. I am suggesting that this couldn't be further from the truth.

Suitman

Post Whore
By them I mean the current stadium and Gov.

I've said before too, I'm not fussed if they have Safe Standing, as long as it does not disrupt the other codes etc, no dramas.

Cool.
No worries. And I'm the same. If safe standing bothers other codes, I'd rather it not happen.

Suity

Another pic posted on the other site.
170 million Euros.

Bordeaux-Stadium_Herzog_de-Meuron_dezeen_784_5.jpg

I like the look of that!

For me the stadium should have steep like stands and as close to the side lines as possible. All seats to have cover from the elements, decent food outlets / game day pop up restaurants / coffee stands/ (in and out burgers mmmmm) instead of the crap they are serving up now. Large screens on either end, decent wifi.

I actually said from the start that their was no use building a 30k stadium it defeats the purpose when you factor in the corp seats but I was shouted down. now everyone seems to be on the 35k - 40k bandwagon which is great. I'm hoping someone tells these decision makers that we don't want fancy looking architect designed stadium but prefer the money spent on a practical stadium with seating of 35k minimum.

Suitman

Post Whore
I'll post what I like, when I like.

You think that eels fans haven't put forward what they want.

I was just saying that what Eels fans have put forward on this thread has not actually been really that helpful for the stadium design for Parramatta.
Eels fans have their chance to say what they want.
I know for a fact that PWC are following these forums.
If you read back through any stadium discussion on LU, I'm guessing the PWC would probably just dismiss it and roll their eyes at most of the comments.
It's our chance to get the stadium we want. Take it and run with it

Saying shit like "I want seats" will be treated with contempt and laughed at Gary.
Come on mate, you're smarter than that.

As I said before, if you don't care, don't bother commenting, rather than making it worse by making useless statements.
PWC are reading these forums so they can prepare a brief for tendering. I'm sure you have helped.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
I like the look of that!

For me the stadium should have steep like stands and as close to the side lines as possible. All seats to have cover from the elements, decent food outlets / game day pop up restaurants / coffee stands/ (in and out burgers mmmmm) instead of the crap they are serving up now. Large screens on either end, decent wifi.

I actually said from the start that their was no use building a 30k stadium it defeats the purpose when you factor in the corp seats but I was shouted down. now everyone seems to be on the 35k - 40k bandwagon which is great. I'm hoping someone tells these decision makers that we don't want fancy looking architect designed stadium but prefer the money spent on a practical stadium with seating of 35k minimum.

Pretty much this Jake.
There is a real push to increase the proposed capacity to 35000 by both the Eels and Wanderers. We need as many Eels fans as we can to push this idea.
Otherwise, we're going to end up with a stadium not that much bigger than what we already have now, meaning we will still have to take bigger games to ANZ. I'm SURE EVERYONE WANTS THAT!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was just saying that what Eels fans have put forward on this thread has not actually been really that helpful for the stadium design for Parramatta.
Eels fans have their chance to say what they want.
I know for a fact that PWC are following these forums.
If you read back through any stadium discussion on LU, I'm guessing the PWC would probably just dismiss it and roll their eyes at most of the comments.
It's our chance to get the stadium we want. Take it and run with it

Saying shit like "I want seats" will be treated with contempt and laughed at Gary.
Come on mate, you're smarter than that.

As I said before, if you don't care, don't bother commenting, rather than making it worse by making useless statements.
PWC are reading these forums so they can prepare a brief for tendering. I'm sure you have helped.

Suity

If PWC are reading what a bunch of ill informed ninnies on this forum want and that is informing decision making in any real way, then God help us all.

One would hope that they know what they are doing but if you think some dead shit labourer from the Western suburbs of Sydney, with a massive chip on his shoulder has any ability to influence anything then I wish you the best of luck.

In fact, if you are reading this PWC (which I suspect you arent), then don't listen to Suity. The guy struggles to put his pants on in the morning, let alone understand complex issues like stadium design.

You are a smug cretin, and I hope that they end up designing a stadium that results in you suffering an electric shock everytime you try and say sonething smug, you dirty, judgemental muncher of wangs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mmm.

Ok Gaz.

If PWC are reading what a bunch of ill informed ninnies on this forum want and that is informing decision making in any real way, then God help us all.

One would hope that they know what they are doing but if you think some dead shit labourer from the Western suburbs of Sydney, with a massive chip on his shoulder has any ability to influence anything then I wish you the best of luck.

Latest posts