What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta v Canterbury GAME DAY thread 19/7/18

Bazal

Post Whore
Taka certainly didn't

Tongue out of cheek, that call shat me off.

I'm normally the first to shitcan Taka because he's as dumb as a Raider, but seriously...Taka didn't get the ball down as a direct result of being shoved off the chase by Morris. We should have at least got a penalty and a sin-bin, but nothing.

Lucky we got some sort of justice with the Moses runaway try

eel01s

Bench
What about Perenara going upstairs with "no penalty try" when French was obstructed?

Guarantee both instances would have been called penalty tries if we were the defensive side.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Tongue out of cheek, that call shat me off.

I'm normally the first to shitcan Taka because he's as dumb as a Raider, but seriously...Taka didn't get the ball down as a direct result of being shoved off the chase by Morris. We should have at least got a penalty and a sin-bin, but nothing.

Lucky we got some sort of justice with the Moses runaway try

Bunker never cleared the Josh Morris contact which is what is what sent up for, or if they did they didn't directly address it. They cleared there was no contact from Brett Morris but I thought the rule was you can't lead with your feet, which Brett did. There was 2 penalties in that play and we didn't get either, then the refs didn't know what happened when Hayne stripped the ball 1v1 in the ensuing set.

They had absolutely no idea last night, totally incompetent.

forward pass

Coach
Bunker never cleared the Josh Morris contact which is what is what sent up for, or if they did they didn't directly address it. They cleared there was no contact from Brett Morris but I thought the rule was you can't lead with your feet, which Brett did. There was 2 penalties in that play and we didn't get either, then the refs didn't know what happened when Hayne stripped the ball 1v1 in the ensuing set.

They had absolutely no idea last night, totally incompetent.

The stripping penalties are driving me off the game. I am sick of them.

If a referee awards a penalty for a strip, and the replay shows there was no strip then either

a) The ref is assuming what happened - totally f**king unacceptable for a match official.
b) The ref is a complete cheat - again totally f**king unacceptable for a match official.

It is only one of those two options. The most likely reason is (a)

Are the NRL going to continue to accept referees making assumptions about things they have not seen?? Ludicrous.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

If a referee awards a penalty for a strip, and the replay shows there was no strip then either

a) The ref is assuming what happened - totally f**king unacceptable for a match official.
b) The ref is a complete cheat - again totally f**king unacceptable for a match official.

It is only one of those two options. The most likely reason is (a)

Are the NRL going to continue to accept referees making assumptions about things they have not seen?? Ludicrous.
Surely there is a third more likely option:

c) In real time with only seconds to make a decision the ref thought they saw a strip.

T-Boon

Coach

It was a terrible interpretation but it is not unusual.
In my opinion the referees should err on the side of the defender in a one on one strip. They should have to be absolutely certain there has been an infringement.
Broadly speaking the game rewards getting tackled way too much. If you get tackled by one guy you should be forced to squeal like a pig for him.

strider

Post Whore
It was a terrible interpretation but it is not unusual.
In my opinion the referees should err on the side of the defender in a one on one strip. They should have to be absolutely certain there has been an infringement.
Broadly speaking the game rewards getting tackled way too much. If you get tackled by one guy you should be forced to squeal like a pig for him.
TBH Hayne probably knocked on - scrum and they get the ball .... but dunno what universe a 1on1 strip ends up a penalty ... not much different outcome tho, they get the ball either way