What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PARRAMATTA v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA @ ME BANK STADIUM 14th FEB

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Tickets available here

Everyone got tickets for the game?

Whos everyone going for?

Im neautral but ill be cheering on the dragons as i think they did a great job over here last year with the amount of time the spent with the clubs in particular my club!

Valderon

Juniors
Tickets available here

Everyone got tickets for the game?

Whos everyone going for?

Im neautral but ill be cheering on the dragons as i think they did a great job over here last year with the amount of time the spent with the clubs in particular my club!

It's a tough one. I love both clubs, and have mates who are diehard members for both clubs ..... though I'm backing Parramatta for the win.

Perth Red

Post Whore
damn, damn, damn, I'm in Sydney. Will be cheering the Dragons though as they have been most supportive of being here.

gallagher

Juniors
Cheeeering on the saints. I just cant bring myself to go for parra.

Was at the Glory game last nite. The ground is looking real good. A packed house will have great atmosphere.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just wondering if any members of our LU Perth family can do us the good deed by posting regular updates of the game?...

Nuke

Staff member
I bought my tickets during the week.

Who am I going for? Hmmmm. Tough question. The way St.George-Illawarra conducted themselves and the attitude they took into the trip / game last season gained them a HEAP of respect in my eyes. They were fantastic at the dinner my club hosted for them last year (shame the WARL denied us the chance to host them again this year). That being said, I enjoyed the style of footy Parra were playing last season, so I might have to wait until the day to decide who I'm gonna cheer for!

jargan83

Coach
I bought my tickets to this ages ago and am very much looking forward to it

Go you Mighty Dragons!!

petetheileet

First Grade
Up tha Dragons

Hopefully will get a good sized crowd and have a top match

Glad to see the dragons are doing great things over there!

Perth Red

Post Whore
They were great last year Pete, really taking time and trouble to work with the WARL, coaching jnr's, getting positive media etc. The Roosters were the total opposite and not surprised they weren't invited back!

Nuke

Staff member
There's gonna be an ad in next Monday's West Australian newspaper from the WARL. It's going to advertise the St.George-Illawarra vs Parra game (which will be only 6 days after that day), but also all the WARL clubs with contact details.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great stuff. The new board seem to have hit the ground running!

Now they just need to sort the websites out.

mickdo

Coach
Being a trial match, I'll just be hoping for an exciting game and no injuries to either side

joondalup_giant

Staff member
http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/news/?page=3&nid=4205&oid=

TIMES & TEAMS FOR NRL BLOCKBUSTER

On a footy mad weekend at ME Bank Stadium, Sunday’s NRL Trial Game between 2009 Minor Premiers St George Illawarra Dragons and Grand Finalists Parramatta Eels is attracting big interest with advance bookings still tracking well for a bumper crowd.
With strong pre sales in excess of 3,000 and a big walk up crowd expected, WA Rugby League are looking at a crowd of around 12,000 for the game. Premium seating and corporate take up has been very solid as well.
Both sides are sending a strong line up with just a couple of players missing out due to the all stars fixture in Queensland on the Saturday. It is guaranteed to be more than a hit out with both sides shaping up as serious contenders to the 2010 premiership.
The Dragons have included key players for Perth with Darius Boyd, Jeremy Smith, Ben Creagh and captain Ben Hornby the main players to watch. Also in the squad is ex WA juniors Jon Green and Bronx Goodwin, a good reason for locals to support the visiting team. Ex South African union player Jarrod Saffy also has WA links with his parents now settled in Perth.
Parramatta have also named a strong squad with Fui Fui Moi Moi, Justin Poore, Krisnan Inu and Feleti Mateo. They had a great finish in 2009 and will be looking forward to taking that form into this year.
The main game kicks off at 4.45pm on Sunday, February 14 with the new national under 18’s WA Reds side playing their first SG Ball game against Balmain Tigers at 3.00pm. Gates open at 2.30pm with tickets available from Ticketmaster.
Teams have also undertaken commitments to clinics and sessions with local juniors during the build up to the game.
TIMINGS FOR THE WEEK:
St George Illawarra Dragons
Wednesday, February 10 2.10pm Arriver Virgin Domestic DJ557
Thursday, February 11 12.00 – 1.00 Media Conference ME Bank Stadium
1.00 – 3.00 ARL Schools Clinic
Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach
2.00 – 3.00 Selected Players attending
Princess Margaret Hospital
4.30 – 5.30 Clubs Junior Clinic
Charles Riley Reserve, North Beach
Saturday, February 13 3.30 – 4.30 Clubs Junior Clinic
George Burnett Park, Karrawarra
Sunday, February 14 4.45 Trial Game, ME Bank Stadium
Parramatta Eels
Wednesday, February 10 8.45pm Arriver Virgin Domestic DJ565
Thursday, February 11 12.00 – 1.00 Media Conference ME Bank Stadium
Friday, February 12 4.30 – 5.30 Clubs Junior Clinic
Ken Allen Field, Hilton
Sunday, February 14 4.45 Trial Game, ME Bank Stadium
St George Illawarra Dragons Squad
Darius Boyd
Michael Lett
Matt Prior
Peni Tagive
Jason Nightingale
Kyle Stanley
Ben Hornby
Trent Merrin
Nathan Fien
Jon Green
Ben Creagh
Dan Hunt
Jeremy Smith
Beau Henry
Bronx Goodwin
Nick Emmett
Ricky Thorby
Michael Greenfield
Jake Marketo
Luke Priddis
Junior Paulo
Jack Bosden
Dean Young
Jarrod Saffy

Parramatta Eels Squad
Tom Humble
Etu Uaisele
Krisnan Inu
Jono Wright
Tim Mortimer
Dan Mortimer
Kris Keating
Jeff Robson
Dom Nasso
Justin Poore
Tim Mannah
Fui Fui Moi Moi
Shane Shackleton
Feleti Mateo
Justin Horo
Taniela Lasalo
Anthony Mitchell
Tim Robinson
Pele Peletelese
Mitchell Allgood
Brendan Oake

gallagher

Juniors
The squads picked arnt too bad. Would be nice if it the respective clubs 2nd or 3rd trial rather than 1st. Getting close now, looking forward to seeing a live game.

Latest posts