What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta

t-ba

Post Whore
We turfed his son...We've done the worst we could do imo...and he's still here!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
t-ba said:
So...when Lyon was going to return he was the best thing since sliced bread...but once he signed with the Good guys, he's sh*thouse?
*edit*

There's no way he's worth the money you're paying him, $350k - $400k tops. He's been very ordinary for St. Helens next year and IMO will be the dud buy of next year, especially since you have to shift your lineup around to fit him in.

t-ba

Post Whore
There's no way he's worth the money you're paying him, $350k - $400k tops. He's been very ordinary for St. Helens next year and IMO will be the dud buy of next year, especially since you have to shift your lineup around to fit him in.

He made the Dream Team Again, must have played real sh*thouse...And why don't you put your money where your mouth is and actually prove something instead of alleging Salary cap Rorts?

The Colonel

Immortal
t-ba said:
We turfed his son...We've done the worst we could do imo...and he's still here!

Maybe. I'd still be worried - I'd question the mentality of a bloke that has a clause written into his contract that he can leave if a recruitment officer does. But thats just me.

t-ba

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Maybe. I'd still be worried - I'd question the mentality of a bloke that has a clause written into his contract that he can leave if a recruitment officer does. But thats just me.

And I'd Question signing a coach who has taken his club from a premiership to a Wooden spoon, but that's just me.

Briza

Juniors
You Parramatta supporters have every right to be p!ssed at the way he left your club, but he hasn't played for you in Aeons - isn't it time you got over it?

Not having a go at anyone, but it does get annoying - and I can almost see the bullsh!t posted in these forums next season when he turns out for Manly.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Briza said:
You Parramatta supporters have every right to be p!ssed at the way he left your club, but he hasn't played for you in Aeons - isn't it time you got over it?

Not having a go at anyone, but it does get annoying - and I can almost see the bullsh!t posted in these forums next season when he turns out for Manly.

I tell you what...we'll get over Judas if you get over the fact that you were cheated in 1997 and 1995 by clubs who supposedly carried sterioid fueld players in the side and had several suspect tries allowed. ;-)

how's that??

The Colonel

Immortal
t-ba said:
And I'd Question signing a coach who has taken his club from a premiership to a Wooden spoon, but that's just me.

Actually it isn't just you. I'm sure that Hagan will come under much scrutiny from the media and fans alike next year. We could go backwards and forwards like this for days, at the end of the day you have him and you are more than welcome to him.

The Colonel

Immortal
t-ba said:
And why don't you put your money where your mouth is and actually prove something instead of alleging Salary cap Rorts?

Where has that been alleged? (No I'm not being a smartarse - if you can show me I'd like to know)

SilentBob

Juniors
The Colonel said:
To an extent you are right but the forum was VERY divided in regard to Jamie Cleal returning. From day dot there were quite a few against his return altogether and many wanted to give him another chance. I'd just be very worried if anyone ever upset Noel......

Maybe I'm slow but I don't know anything about this clause, anyone have a link or something about it?

Parra Guru

Coach
tbh I don't think Parra fans are jealous as such, and no one hopes he fails, but he is the kind of player who has a LOT of talent and potential, but he has let a lot go to his head, which brings him down. I honestly hate your team, but I just hope that he treats your club a lot better than he did ours.

Crusher Cleal is the key for Jamie's future at Manly. End of story.

RainMan

Juniors
The Colonel said:

Twice it stated in that article "believed to be"...:roll:

SilentBob

Juniors
Hardly concrete evidence, seems like he gave the stock standard answer he would give when asked about anybodys contract.

The Colonel

Immortal
SilentBob said:
Hardly concrete evidence, seems like he gave the stock standard answer he would give when asked about anybodys contract.

If it isn't in the contract why not say it rather than allow the perception that it is?

SilentBob

Juniors
The Colonel said:
If it isn't in the contract why not say it rather than allow the perception that it is?

It's a privacy issue, managers and officials don't talk about contract details, whether it's positive or negative, they can't pick and choose what to reveal about who, that would just create more headaches.

Briza

Juniors
eelavation said:
I tell you what...we'll get over Judas if you get over the fact that you were cheated in 1997 and 1995 by clubs who supposedly carried sterioid fueld players in the side and had several suspect tries allowed. ;-)

how's that??

Hardly relevant and pale's in comparison to losing 2 GF.

Something similar imo would be, Ian Roberts or Mathew Ridge betraying the Club and ARL to sign with SuperLeague.

Or more importantly and much more devastating, the people behind the merger with the Bear Scum.

I was over it within 12 months or so, maybe a little longer in regards to the Merger.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
t-ba said:
So...when Lyon was going to return he was the best thing since sliced bread...but once he signed with the Good guys, he's sh*thouse?

that pretty much summs up how we feel

he's a good player, no one will argue with that, but he is well hated in our part of the world for what he did to us

effnic

Bench
Twizzle said:
that pretty much summs up how we feel

he's a good player, no one will argue with that, but he is well hated in our part of the world for what he did to us
Thats understandable any human nrl fan would hate any player to do that to there club. But on the same note any human manly fan would stick up for him since he is coming to our club. So its all about reaching a level of understanding.

Latest posts