What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pass Mark for 2018

gordsy

Juniors
hahahahaha
Love having him back in reserve grade or maybe at best off the bench but he should be nowhere near 1sts. Agree that he should put a little bit of pressure on the others but if he gets anywhere near a walk up start then our team is a failure. Im happy he is back as a depth signing and to help juniors. If he is a staring 1st grader its a laugh and our team is worse off than it was when he last started for us....

Have you seen what Brooks has dished up the last couple of years. As for Reynolds he hardly lit it up at the Dogs this year either. I hope I end up with egg on my face but a spine of Lolo , Brooks and Reynolds looks like a lot of games where we struggle to score more than 14 points , IMO

Tiger Ted

Bench
Have you seen what Brooks has dished up the last couple of years. As for Reynolds he hardly lit it up at the Dogs this year either. I hope I end up with egg on my face but a spine of Lolo , Brooks and Reynolds looks like a lot of games where we struggle to score more than 14 points , IMO
Our spine is massively sub-standard.We have Buckleys of playing finals footy with this spine !

stryker

First Grade
One of the weakest spines in the comp on paper. Hopefully they work well together but dont be surprised if it looks remarably different come round 16 or so.

Still very skinny on strike backrowers as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Our spine does look terrible but 3 of those players could turn into gun players although Brooks has had a lot of time to develop.

Reynolds will also put in but I'd prefer a smart player in the halves rather than one with passion.

Still let's wait and see what happens. If Brooks, LIddle and Tui turn into the players they could be our spine will be good. It's just really unlikely in my opinion those three turn into weapons in the one season.

magpie_man

Juniors
We'll need to jump a few teams in order to make the Top 8 next season; I can't see it happening unfortunately.
I think we'll safely finish above Newcastle and Gold Coast again and I can see us jumping Auckland, Canterbury and Canberra.
South Sydney should improve markedly and St George will stay around the same if not improve slightly - both will be pushing for Top 8 finishes.
I imagine the Top 8 will remain much the same for next season with only Penrith and Brisbane a chance of dropping out.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We'll need to jump a few teams in order to make the Top 8 next season; I can't see it happening unfortunately.
I think we'll safely finish above Newcastle and Gold Coast again and I can see us jumping Auckland, Canterbury and Canberra.
South Sydney should improve markedly and St George will stay around the same if not improve slightly - both will be pushing for Top 8 finishes.
I imagine the Top 8 will remain much the same for next season with only Penrith and Brisbane a chance of dropping out.

Out of interest how do you think souths will improve? I think they'll battle for the spoon personally. The only signing they've bought is a guy who's been terrible at club level for 3 years and they're planning on playing him at center where he makes Kev Naquima look like Matt Cooper in defence.

Inglis will be 31 and coming off and ACL where younger guys have taken 12 months to get back to their best.

Apart from Burgess and Crichton their pack is terrible and their 7 hasn't improved, if anything he's gotten worse since his debut year.

The coach is unproven and their 20s/nsw cup have both missed the finals for a number of years.

I struggle to see ANY upside for souths next year.

magpie_man

Juniors
Out of interest how do you think souths will improve? I think they'll battle for the spoon personally. The only signing they've bought is a guy who's been terrible at club level for 3 years and they're planning on playing him at center where he makes Kev Naquima look like Matt Cooper in defence.

Inglis will be 31 and coming off and ACL where younger guys have taken 12 months to get back to their best.

Apart from Burgess and Crichton their pack is terrible and their 7 hasn't improved, if anything he's gotten worse since his debut year.

The coach is unproven and their 20s/nsw cup have both missed the finals for a number of years.

I struggle to see ANY upside for souths next year.

All fair points.
Seibold has big wraps on him and I think he may be the breath of fresh air that the roster needs.
There are some genuine game-breakers in that team, some who have been underperforming admittedly, but if utilised effectively it's a Top 8 roster.

simmo1

First Grade
FWIW, Tab has us as wooden spoon favourites, and are paying $5.00 to make the 8.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I will take your word for it that we are 5/1 just to make the semis. Unbelievable I actually think we are good things for the 8 in 2018.

Latest posts