What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Souffs Juniors

BuffaloRules

Coach
2016 is the first year in a while when both Souffs and Roosters have been shyte so I think it might be an opportune time to examine what they add to the greater comp...

Has the comp missed a beat in their top of table absence this year?

Even when they are both in the Top 4 its a bit meh...

Cant they just merge for the greater good?

They are bickering now about demerging their combined juniors...

Are the 90% of other team fans supposed to give a flying f**k?

Canard

Immortal
. HM & SG ball competitions should be reduced to 5 or 6 games a year.

God, you typed some shit with this alias account but this one takes the cake.

You might as well send the names of the juniors to AFL and Soccer with a letter that says "Here take them"

Think harder next time.

T-Boon

Coach
Harold Matthews and SG Ball is important because the kids want to be able to brag about playing for an NRL club. They still get that with a reduced 6 round comp.

Problem with SG Ball and HM is that it is part of a system that has developed poor skills for too long.The only really good skill player to come out of this comp was Jarryd Hayne then before him Andrew Johns (who played in a 6 game comp).

Apart from these two we have had lug heads like Gallen.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The Roosters only signed Nat Butcher (who has been a mad Roosters supporter since he was a kid) after Souths signed our best up and coming junior prospect, Angus Crichton. I am willing to bet there is no such 'gentlemen's' agreement in any case. Just South Sydney scum doing what they do best.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Smacks of the NSWRL decision to stop the Melbourne jnrs play in SG ball. The game does itself no favours at times and needs dragging into the 21st century.

As per usual, the Papers are missing the real point of the story and only reporting the "facts" that sound the most sensational.

It's got nothing to do with the Roosters signing Nat Butcher. It's more to do with the level of funding they've proposed to kick in to the competition and the conduct of one or two of their clubs.

But yeah, lets blame it on Nat Butcher signing with the Roosters, It sounds better,

Fwiw I think they will come to an agreement in the end,

T-Boon

Coach
Smacks of the NSWRL decision to stop the Melbourne jnrs play in SG ball. The game does itself no favours at times and needs dragging into the 21st century.

was that decision based on the fact Melbourne is (for all intent and purpose) a Queensland club?

Tommy Smith

Referee
2016 is the first year in a while when both Souffs and Roosters have been shyte so I think it might be an opportune time to examine what they add to the greater comp...

Has the comp missed a beat in their top of table absence this year?

Even when they are both in the Top 4 its a bit meh...

Cant they just merge for the greater good?

They are bickering now about demerging their combined juniors...

Are the 90% of other team fans supposed to give a flying f**k?
Lol it's a bit 'meh' when anyone other than one's own team is in the top 4.

I wouldn't expect 100% of other fans to give a f**k. Just as we don't give a f**k about them.

alien

Referee

I wouldn't expect 100% of other fans to give a f**k. Just as we don't give a f**k about them.

I agree with you there, and it's amusing how he thinks the only 2 foundation clubs left in the NRL should merge - that is just jealousy! You guys could relocate to Perth though! :p

BuffaloRules

Coach

Tommy- all I am asking is that the next time the Roosters come off 3 minor Prems in a row you should average more than 10k..

What a shitfight.

This is the cherry on the cake but the whole junior system in NSW is rooted.

Really though, the only people who lose out with this decision is the kids. Children who just want a game of footy.

And those bleating about Souths being a strong junior nursery would do well to remember that from u13s up their already merged comp merges again with Balmain/Canterbury/st george and norths because they don't have enough teams to go it alone.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
As per usual, the Papers are missing the real point of the story and only reporting the "facts" that sound the most sensational.

It's got nothing to do with the Roosters signing Nat Butcher. It's more to do with the level of funding they've proposed to kick in to the competition and the conduct of one or two of their clubs.

But yeah, lets blame it on Nat Butcher signing with the Roosters, It sounds better,

Fwiw I think they will come to an agreement in the end,

Seems to me that Roosters put more $$$ into Souths Junior Comps than SSDRLFC do.

Lambretta

First Grade

I was completely "meh" until the Finals started and then shit got awesome

There were some excellent games played between highly entertaining teams
Watching the Panthers and Raiders was just fab last year

Peter Tunks on 2SM Talkin Sport cleared this matter up yesterday.

He coached the kids in question.

They were offered to Souffs to make an offer of a contract one year before the Roosters signed them up.

Souffs declined.

Now that those kids turned out to be gems Souffs are dirty.

So they got petty and kicked the Roosters junior Clubs out of their comp.

Peter Tunks a Souffs and Bulldogs man said Souffs were being very petty.

kbw

Bench
The Roosters only signed Nat Butcher (who has been a mad Roosters supporter since he was a kid) after Souths signed our best up and coming junior prospect, Angus Crichton. I am willing to bet there is no such 'gentlemen's' agreement in any case. Just South Sydney scum doing what they do best.

Def true except bit about Angus Crichton. He technically was not an East junior, played 2 maybe 3 games of SG Ball until Scots college found out and that was it.

Peter Tunks on 2SM Talkin Sport cleared this matter up yesterday.
He coached the kids in question.
They were offered to Souffs to make an offer of a contract one year before the Roosters signed them up.
Souffs declined.
Now that those kids turned out to be gems Souffs are dirty.
So they got petty and kicked the Roosters junior Clubs out of their comp.
Peter Tunks a Souffs and Bulldogs man said Souffs were being very petty.

Tunks is a Tunks man thats the whole story. He was a disgrace when he was coaching that side, in fact Garvey was the only one out of that team that Souths cared about. Momorovski was Rovers.
He poached kids from all over the place to create a super team that kept getting beaten by Kingsgrove.

Latest posts