What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patience

TRANSLATION

Juniors
How about we start supporting our players instead of Ridiculing them on a weekly basis, How about we support the team that's chosen to play in round 1, instead of bagging them. Yes The coach is not what we want, Sure we think our opinion is better than his.
What we don't know Is what happened in the Pre season in prep for this season. Why is Lafai in the Side, Why isn't Luciano Leilua in the Squad. Luciano is my favourite player in the Squad.
But There are reasons why some get a Jump on others in Round 1. That all comes down to attitude and who puts in the work.

Other clubs are in the same situation, They prepare all off season and give the guys who deserve it get that opportunity. Before you go off half cocked, you need to be in the group to understand.

Yes we are all entitled to our opinion. Who should be in or out, Which Coach to get and so forth.

But lets start the season Supporting the guys and not Lambasting them. We put more pressure on them .

I for one Cant stand, Widdop, I don't know why we got rid of Benji, He was playing out of position at Half Back. Now we have no one at Half. There is no creative players in the halves. There is more creativity from Nona and Jai Field than we have from Widdop and McCrone. But like I said, I can bite my tongue, Give them a Couple of weeks to show cause as to why they should be there.

Lets not shoot OUR team down before a ball has been kicked,

We owe them that much. 15 Weeks of Hard Slog. Was Luciano Putting in ? Was Taane Milne putting in ?

We have a Great Forward pack and Some exciting young Talent coming through in the Cutters and u20's.

If we are playing crap and some guys are just not putting in , then by all means have your say then, Not Before.

GO SAINTS.

What we don't know Is what happened in the Pre season in prep for this season. Why is Lafai in the Side, Why isn't Luciano Leilua in the Squad. Luciano is my favourite player in the Squad.
But There are reasons why some get a Jump on others in Round 1.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with having a dumb ass as head coach.

Straight Shooter

Its the start of a new season and as a 'newbie' on the forum, the last thing l want is to be seen flapping the gums ranting & raving about the team or coach.
Yes, we can all see issues in some departments and they may rear their ugly heads but until then, I'm all for everything positive about the team as a whole.
C'om you Dragons!

Thanks Uplifting.

Straight Shooter

Coffs dragon

Bench
Never bag the players, but as we head into our 6th year of being patient....it's certainly wearing thin!! The woeful management and coaching decisions during this time have pushed fans to the max....demanding change of direction.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
You sound like I did at the start of last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. Eventually it wears thin. This year so far is going exactly the same as last year, and it looks like another season with a plodding attack and an inability to score points. The players front the media and say how hard theyve trained and how much the attack has improved, well Ive heard that plenty of times before too. Not buying into it until I actually see some change.

dragon-83

Juniors
How about we start supporting our players instead of Ridiculing them on a weekly basis, How about we support the team that's chosen to play in round 1, instead of bagging them. Yes The coach is not what we want, Sure we think our opinion is better than his.
But There are reasons why some get a Jump on others in Round 1. That all comes down to attitude and who puts in the work.

Other clubs are in the same situation, They prepare all off season and give the guys who deserve it get that opportunity. Before you go off half cocked, you need to be in the group to understand.

Yes we are all entitled to our opinion. Who should be in or out, Which Coach to get and so forth.

But lets start the season Supporting the guys and not Lambasting them. We put more pressure on them .

I for one Cant stand, Widdop, I don't know why we got rid of Benji, He was playing out of position at Half Back. Now we have no one at Half. There is no creative players in the halves. There is more creativity from Nona and Jai Field than we have from Widdop and McCrone. But like I said, I can bite my tongue, Give them a Couple of weeks to show cause as to why they should be there.

Lets not shoot OUR team down before a ball has been kicked,

We owe them that much. 15 Weeks of Hard Slog. Was Luciano Putting in ? Was Taane Milne putting in ?

We have a Great Forward pack and Some exciting young Talent coming through in the Cutters and u20's.

If we are playing crap and some guys are just not putting in , then by all means have your say then, Not Before.

GO SAINTS.
We have been patient for 6years mate

TRANSLATION

Juniors
like I said I'm One of you.

Oust Doust, Sack Mary, Widdop Gone, No More Ex Players Coaching FG, No Marketo,

But give the Guys a Couple of Weeks, then WE jump on your Train. I Have tickets. Like all of you

ALSGI

Bench
Patience? That's what you're going with as a thread title? I think the fact any of us are still here at all shows a staggering amount of patience. The only thing we seem to be waiting for now is a wooden spoon.
Agree Walpole.
5 years of patience is pretty bloddy patient.
I'll be the first to sing their praises if I'm proven wrong about the Board, Coaches and (some) woefully out of form plodders.

possm

Coach

But give the Guys a Couple of Weeks, then WE jump on your Train. I Have tickets. Like all of you
Praise is given where praise is due. It's been 6 long years and I don't have that many left.

I for one do not accept this idea of near enough is good enough.

Would be very glad to see my Dragons back on track again.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

"Give the guys a couple of weeks"? Mate, we've given them over four-years (including two underwhelming coaches)!

How much more patience does one need?

Without wanting to speak on anyone's behalf, I feel that there would be some willing to exercise patience if it weren't for the obvious paradigm of glaring selection mistakes.

For example, how Kurt Mann doesn't get a "gig" today beggars disbelief. He was the team's leading try scorer in 2016, FFS! The fact that Lafai has been chosen in his place encapsulates both the anger/frustration we (forumsters) feel intently.

getsmarty

Immortal
"Give the guys a couple of weeks"? Mate, we've given them over four-years (including two underwhelming coaches)!

How much more patience does one need?

Without wanting to speak on anyone's behalf, I feel that there would be some willing to exercise patience if it weren't for the obvious paradigm of glaring selection mistakes.

For example, how Kurt Mann doesn't get a "gig" today beggars disbelief. He was the team's leading try scorer in 2016, FFS! The fact that Lafai has been chosen in his place encapsulates both the anger/frustration we (forumsters) feel intently.

Yep...well said. Sad part is you couldn't blame Mann for leaving. Someone else will give him an opportunity unlike Mary.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yep...well said. Sad part is you couldn't blame Mann for leaving. Someone else will give him an opportunity unlike Mary.

The same scenario can be said regarding Havili.

Despite being good enough to represent New Zealand, the erudite Dragons' coach, Paul McGregor, believes it's prudent to include a bloke who got ousted by 30 something Robbie Farrah at his previous club.

One day it may happen to Leiliua too.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
A bit More patience would be nice.

Its nice to have enough high quality forwards to give backs some time and space.

What a difference a second or 2 makes !!!

John moz

Juniors
If players dont wont stay at the club see you later just like merrin also rein .Was both offered contracts but wanted more than there worth look at them now up to shit.

Latest posts