What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Carter sacked

Snappy

Coach
THE RABBITOHS have sacked forward Paul Carter effective immediately following his recent alcohol-fuelled bender that saw him miss training.

Carter joined the club mid-2015 after being released by the Titans over off-field issues, and only last month signed a two-year extension with Souths.

The rough and tumble forward is understood to have had issues off the park in recent weeks, and was stood down by the club when he missed a training session following their last start loss to the Cowboys in round 17.

Carter was let go by the Titans in 2014 after he was charged twice with drink driving offences on the Gold Coast.

Having last weekend checked into the same Thai rehabilitation centre used by Roosters star Mitchell Pearce following his Australia Day antics, Souths football manager Shane Richardson confirmed late on Tuesday that his contract had been terminated.

“The board has made a decision today to terminate Paul’s contract immediately as a result of his recent conduct,” Richardson said in a club statement.

“We have given Paul all of the support, and every opportunity, to get his career and life back on track but unfortunately he has been unable to meet the standards we had agreed when Paul joined the club.

“This is a bigger issue than football for Paul. Needless to say we will continue to provide welfare, support and assistance to Paul in his continuing rehabilitation.”

The future of teammate Kirisome Auva’a remains up in the air after he recorded a second strike under the NRL’s illicit drugs policy.

While Carter’s fate was decided at a club board meeting on Tuesday, it is believed Auva’a’s fate was also discussed with the premiership winning centre facing a 12-match ban under the game’s protocols.

Both League Central and the Rabbitohs stressed that Auva’a had not positive for an illicit substance, but had contravened the NRL’s drug testing policy.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...r/news-story/4acce8798b89ddbe4ce496a700d41dfb

BunniesMan

Immortal
Good riddance. We have a strict no dickheads policy and I am glad we are sticking to it. Short term pain for long term gain. We're not like other clubs who tolerate this kind of thing.

We're building a special culture.

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Good riddance. We have a strict no dickheads policy and I am glad we are sticking to it. Short term pain for long term pain. We're not like other clubs who tolerate this kind of thing.

Yeah that's a pretty apt description for Souffs.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Good riddance. We have a strict no dickheads policy and I am glad we are sticking to it. Short term pain for long term pain. We're not like other clubs who tolerate this kind of thing.

so, just to be clear, you're not classified as a dickhead for being convicted of domestic violence and failing a drug test?

you stay classy souffs...

Tiger5150

Bench
Good riddance. We have a strict no dickheads policy and I am glad we are sticking to it. Short term pain for long term gain. We're not like other clubs who tolerate this kind of thing.

Souffs have built a VERY special culture that includes not suspending a player even though they plead guilty to domestic violence. Souffs have made their bed and are now lying in it.

Have Souffs sacked Auva'a yet? You must have to be a special kind of dickhead to get sacked from Souffs if Kirisome is still on the books. Carter seems to just not be a good enough player.

skeepe

Immortal

Kirisome Auva'a
Nathan Brown
Greg Inglis

Kulcha.

Tiger5150

Bench
....and now Souffs announce that they have been able to up their offer to Cody Walker and he is going to stay. What a coincidence.

Kulcha

The Teach

Juniors

And yet you were the first club to jump up and offer him a contract after he was sacked by the Titans? More like the club of hypocrites lol.

Feel for the Carter family though. Went to school with Steve and you wouldn't find a more decent guy. I truly hope Paul gets the help he requires and gets his life back on track.

OVP

Coach
You can beat a woman up at Souffs. But DO NOT EVER have a drink and miss training.

Nealo 12

Bench

Bwahaaaaaaa

Kirisome Auva'a
Nathan Brown
Greg Inglis

Kulcha.

R-3461821-1331308028.jpeg.jpg