What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen - the greatest forward of all time

Frailty

First Grade
If Gallen wasn't so selfish the sharks might have been able to keep Jesse Raimen.

Ramien leaving was purely family reasons, and that's it. Given we have Lewis, Lee, and Leutele coming off the books there was never an issue of money or squad position.

Like really who the f**k is he????
How have you never heard of the f**ker?

His the best player east of sydney aquarium, can suspend Ryles at the drop of a hat, big financial news everyday. He won both the battle and the war.

He is but Victor, Victor Godley.

President Trump

Juniors
In reality though, most won't understand why Gallen means so much to the Cronulla club.

Through the bullshit the club has gone through, Gallen has always stood by the place despite opportunities to move to, at the time, more stable clubs for more money. Instead he committed himself to sticking to the club that gave him a chance when Parramatta didn't want him. He took less money to stay, he helped the club with recruitment, and a lot of years on the field - he was the only thing that was positive for the club.

He has played five eighth, front row, back row, and I'm pretty sure he's even filled in a centre.

He is one of the greatest Sharks, and he has achieved virtually everything in the game. He is a great of the game, and his longevity is a testament to his attitude and commitment to the game.

Roper named him at hooker once.

Last Week

Bench
I don't get the Gal hate to be honest. He comes across as an OK bloke and gives his all on the field.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't get the Gal hate to be honest. He comes across as an OK bloke and gives his all on the field.

I actually get it. In his earlier days, he was a massive grub and there isn't any denying it. He's cut that out from his game in the last 5 or so seasons.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I actually get it. In his earlier days, he was a massive grub and there isn't any denying it. He's cut that out from his game in the last 5 or so seasons.
He hasn't played grubby for a long time. Will leave the game as the greatest ever Shark. A loyal club man with a bigger motor than 95% of other forwards.

dogslife

Coach
King Gal isn't mortal.

However, Beaver played more games and had pretty snazzy headgear. Therefore

Beaver > King Gal

MilkShark

First Grade
The hate is hilarious.

The most hated players are the usually the best players and are also the ones you want to play with and not against. I'd happily take the field with any of the greatest grub players. Take Hodges for example, I CANNOT stand the effing prick, but man he was a good player. Would love to have him in my team.

Had Gallen played his entire career at any of the other clubs I guarantee you you would love the guy.

JokerEel

Coach
The hate is hilarious.

The most hated players are the usually the best players and are also the ones you want to play with and not against. I'd happily take the field with any of the greatest grub players. Take Hodges for example, I CANNOT stand the effing prick, but man he was a good player. Would love to have him in my team.

Had Gallen played his entire career at any of the other clubs I guarantee you you would love the guy.

You keep telling yourself that son!

McLovin

Staff member
giphy.gif

McLovin

Staff member
Gal has been playing since Passions was the number 1 show on television (RIP Timmy). The level of disrespect shown here is appalling and offensive. The bullying culture of LU need to change. I'm crying as I type this.

Latest posts