What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor - contract extension

1st & 10

Juniors
If he is resigned, Doust should resign.

Mary has the IQ of a dropped pie

This acceptance of mediocre performance by the knobs in charge is disturbing

Saints are lucky to be where they are on the ladder. Unfortunately, a flawed team

thebigredv

First Grade
We are pretenders

As long as McCrone is given the same role every week, we will be pretenders. Absolutely. I think it is absolutely appalling and dead set inexcusable for McGregor to ignore McCrone's atrocious kicking game week in, week out. It was on display again, as it is EVERY week. There's not been a good kicking game, not one. We will be pretenders as long as they keep putting up the white flag in this way. It is not McCrone's fault. It's just a lack of rationality and common sense from our re-signed coach. As I have said before, if you must pick Josh, pick him, but take away his kicking license. No kicks. Many of us have been saying it all year, yet McStubborn is back at it.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Tonight I'm trying to look at things in a glass half full perspective. At the beginning of the season after the Charity Shield match we were long odds to make the 8 and short odds, second only to Newcastle to win the wooden spoon. This season the boys have amazed everyone and probably even themselves. We have beaten some quality teams with some great attacking performances that would of been only a pipe dream last year. Also the field goal loss to the Rorters was a valiant performance. I think this year we have had 2 poor games being today and the loss to the Eels. If we won today (I know, if only) we would of been in 2nd on the table. As a coach Mary has exceeded everyone's expectations this year. Clubs like Souths have been well below par and no doubt some coaches will be sacked and Mary's success until today would raise interest from other clubs. I agree the last 3 seasons have been torture for us fans. It has been a steep learning process for Mary with plenty of mistakes along the way but until today he is miles a head of his previous years. If had signed to another club it almost be like losing a junior we have brought through the ranks only to be lost to another club. Based on this year's performance I think there would be a bigger out cry if we had not signed him and lost him to another club. My vote is to stick with Mary, strap yourselves in and let's see how far we go this season.
And NO I'm not related to Mary.:grinning:

glenndragon

Juniors
Tonight I'm trying to look at things in a glass half full perspective. At the beginning of the season after the Charity Shield match we were long odds to make the 8 and short odds, second only to Newcastle to win the wooden spoon. This season the boys have amazed everyone and probably even themselves. We have beaten some quality teams with some great attacking performances that would of been only a pipe dream last year. Also the field goal loss to the Rorters was a valiant performance. I think this year we have had 2 poor games being today and the loss to the Eels. If we won today (I know, if only) we would of been in 2nd on the table. As a coach Mary has exceeded everyone's expectations this year. Clubs like Souths have been well below par and no doubt some coaches will be sacked and Mary's success until today would raise interest from other clubs. I agree the last 3 seasons have been torture for us fans. It has been a steep learning process for Mary with plenty of mistakes along the way but until today he is miles a head of his previous years. If had signed to another club it almost be like losing a junior we have brought through the ranks only to be lost to another club. Based on this year's performance I think there would be a bigger out cry if we had not signed him and lost him to another club. My vote is to stick with Mary, strap yourselves in and let's see how far we go this season.
And NO I'm not related to Mary.:grinning:
Sorry but I can't think of a club that would be mad enough to sign Mary, super league included...if he had any offers, he should've taken them....sober or later the knives will be out....

dino2170

Juniors
Ive been on the SACK MARY bandwagon for a while now. AND most of the forum thought I was stupid and disrespectful. NOW you are coming to my way of thinking. That Mary is stubborn. That mary cannot teach our players how to attack. That mary prefers players that cannot do thier jobs. That mary will not promote youth that are better options from what he has, Under his control the pattern is to score as many points in the first half even if it is only a penalty AND lock it up in the second half.

IT WAS A DISGRACEFUL AND HUMILIATING DECISION TO SIGN THIS CUMQUOT A 2 YEAR EXTENSION

Banjo2014

Juniors
As far as I know, no one was knocking down Mary's door to sign him.

We had nothing to gain by signing him mid season..

Even if we won the comp, there still would be no one knocking on his door.

My Bachelor of Business just went out the door, trying to work this one out.

By the way, I'm not related to Mary either.

Latest posts