What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

Dragonscales

Juniors
State of Origin NSW Blues Forward Pack -

8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Fifita
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Merrin

14. James
15. Klemmer
16. Trbojevic
17. Utility, I'd pick Peachey.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
A lot of people talked about the sheer size of Vaughan and I was just demonstrating the difference between big and mobile and just big thus the Masoe comment.
Looking at he nimbleness of some sides. I question whether Masoe's lack of mobility will actually be a hindrance despite the obvious positive effect he would have in attack.
Again I was trying demonstrate Vaughan will not suffer from that issue.

Forgive me matey , I must confess that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning , hasn't been the best of days , been snapping at anyone silly enough to come close to me . Old age ?

Old Timer

Coach
Forgive me matey , I must confess that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning , hasn't been the best of days , been snapping at anyone silly enough to come close to me . Old age ?
No worries Gareth,
Its not old age its just that you have taken all this time to prefect your idiosyncratic tenddencies.
Over in JA we were discussing the size of Luc and Masoe and it was suggested they may have eaten a pig to be so big after such a hard pre season with boot camp and all.
Any chance you can you do a head count your end?

giboz71

First Grade
Its a very, very, very good pack.

Very good. Could be scary good. Could be better than Horse, Nev, Deano, Jezza, Creaghzy, Beau, Saffy, Merrin etc good.

I was about to say. I can't remember a more dominant forward display. Not even during the Bennett years. Whether or not this will be a one off, we'll have to wait and see.

Gareth67

First Grade
No worries Gareth,
Its not old age its just that you have taken all this time to prefect your idiosyncratic tenddencies.
Over in JA we were discussing the size of Luc and Masoe and it was suggested they may have eaten a pig to be so big after such a hard pre season with boot camp and all.
Any chance you can you do a head count your end?

That is exactly what my Ethel has been saying to me all these years " Cecil, you old coote , I swear that you are one of those idosycratic's " .

I think that she first notice this when I would take the crust of my bread before eating it , of course she reckon that was the reason why my hair would not grow ? Or when I would always use my right hand when drinking my cuppa - the fact that I am right handed , didn't seem to make a difference to her ?

However as far as the pigs are concerned , the manager tells me that there has been a few ' new ' orders going to the South Coast , for Samoan ' hungi's ' .
That needs to be investigated a bit further by the fitness staff , otherwise the boys may have to go on one of those 'kasiano' diets , quick smart .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Tough as nails and totally underated...

If I may add Luke Priddis to that list , as the amount of tackling that bloke done for the team , was amazing , plus the extra meters from dummy-half . He would always catch the opposition defence napping , and always made them pay by breaks straight up the centre ,leading to try scoring opportunities . Most underrated player in the Dragons team in those years .

The Doc

Juniors
Vaughan brings to our side this year what Horse bought when he arrived.
Horse, if i recall an interview correctly, put in place rewards for the best forward on the field.
He got the forwards together and made a bet... rewards from all the forwards to the best forward performance per game.
Up front we were monsters back then.
Vaughan does the same... not rewards... but inspires all the forwards to follow his lead.
Will be a great buy imo.

TruSaint

Referee
If I may add Luke Priddis to that list , as the amount of tackling that bloke done for the team , was amazing , plus the extra meters from dummy-half . He would always catch the opposition defence napping , and always made them pay by breaks straight up the centre ,leading to try scoring opportunities . Most underrated player in the Dragons team in those years .

PLayed a huge role... Smart, experienced... just an all round player... 100% agree Gaz.

Latest posts