What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey off to Widnes

Corona Boy

Juniors
Peachey off to Widnes
By: Bryce Pepper - SportsNews
Tuesday 28 June 2005 - 22:32:57

Ageing Cronulla Sharks fullback David Peachey has decided to end his NRL career and embark on two years in the ESL playing for the Widnes Vikings.

31-year-old Peachey has signed with Widnes for two seasons after playing a massive 221 games for the Sharks to date.

He looks forward to playing in a new side and in a different competition.

“I visited England in 1997 for the World Club Championship and enjoyed my time there," Peachey told Superleague.co.uk.

“When Widnes gave me the chance to move to Super League I was pleased that the offer came from one of the clubs that has performed on a World stage."

“I am really looking forward to coming to England and starting another chapter in my career."

“I am looking forward to playing my part in that rise and to working with Frank Endacott who is a World renowned coach.”

Endacott returned the delight of the signing.

“I have coached against him on many occasions over the years and know exactly how dangerous he can be." he said.

“His is the kind of flagship signing we have been looking for and I think it sends out a message to our fans of how serious we are about 2006."

“I am excited about the signing of David."

bartman

Immortal
The administrator has decided that Corona Boy should be quiet for a while.

:lol: I think Corona Boy might have been trying to alert us that Cronulla fullback David Peachey is close to a two-year deal with Widnes, pending them avoiding relagation this season.

Corona Boy

Juniors
But i don't understand where that message is visible because i can't see and and don't understand why it's coming up? :? All i did was post an article.

bartman

Immortal
Interested in knowing what you're typing there, but I'm not in control of the gag.

On topic, it seems his signing was secured with money raised by supporters group Vikings Quids In, which is a thing pretty unique to English sport.