What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pearce .... is he coming ... yes or no ?

carcharias

Immortal
Odd way to judge individual players.
Well
Bird got Daly M rookie of the year plus played country rep
Then won a comp in season 2 and country and
Played SOO and prime minister xIII

Whereas ET played 1 game and got dropped for over a year.

I’m not say he is better or will be better than ET but when you compare the 2 at the same stage in their career you’d have to say Bird has achieved way more.

Norman is good on his day.. but he is a goose.
Doubt he’ll change.
Chad is good but a different player .

SadShark

Bench
To be fair, can you imagine if ET had the support of Maloney, Ennis, Gallen & Barba, with Fifita @ prop?

ET had to contend with Stuart Topper, Craig Teevan & Blaine Stanley in the halves (insert mediocre half here) - ain’t no premiership ever comin’ with halves like that.

carcharias

Immortal
Maloney Ennis barba and Fifita were all unwanted
Plus ET had the team to win it and he personally blew against the knights.

Poor ET played in the wrong era.

If Jack Bird played in ET’s era at the Sharks no way he’d have a Premiership ring on his finger.

ET’s era was absolutely loaded with Champion Players and powerful Clubs stacked with talent.

ET in this era would’ve killed it even more than he did in his era. Just look at some of the Centre talent at Clubs this era. ET would run rings around them and they’d be saying he should be the next immortal.

carcharias

Immortal
oh For fux ache
Before people loose their collective shit over this...

This was about Corey Norman v Chad
Now it’s about ET’s entire career vs Birds after 3.

Compare the first 3 years of both.

Ads

First Grade
Meh. Either way Norman is clearly a better player than Chad IMO. Chad isn't bad and Norman would be signed to play alongside him anyways.

Also on character, Wade is good mates with him and along with Sege hang out on the reg.

shaggs

Coach
I’m going to predict that Bird will likely never play for Australia.
There are better centres than him that are my top mich older and by the time they retire there will be someone younger and better

shaggs

Coach
oh For fux ache
Before people loose their collective shit over this...

This was about Corey Norman v Chad
Now it’s about ET’s entire career vs Birds after 3.

Compare the first 3 years of both.
I thought this was about you being a bronco supporter now.

Back In ETs day you earned and waited for an NRL spot. Now you demand it and have a tantrum.

Ads

First Grade
I’m going to predict that Bird will likely never play for Australia.
There are better centres than him that are my top mich older and by the time they retire there will be someone younger and better
Yeah I don't think he will make it as a centre. Possibly a utility bench role if he stays centre. If he goes into 2nd row he faces a lot of competition.