What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peats is crap

davi

Juniors
Peats was likely told not to do too much and get the ball to the big men and the halves. I really doubt he was given the Green light to do much more. I actually think NSW should persevere with him and the more experience he gets the more he will be able to take a more leading role into the future.

In fact after game 1 some commentators praised him for sticking to the game plan and not trying to play outside himself. Then when it all turns to crap he suddenly is the villain. Go figure.

Hutty1986

Immortal
A better 9 would have known the ideal times to run, regardless of the instruction given by the big nosed pansy Daley. He's the best option, and he's a solid player, but the depth in this position in NSW is pretty slim

Vic Mackey

Referee
Peats was likely told not to do too much and get the ball to the big men and the halves. I really doubt he was given the Green light to do much more. I actually think NSW should persevere with him and the more experience he gets the more he will be able to take a more leading role into the future.

In fact after game 1 some commentators praised him for sticking to the game plan and not trying to play outside himself. Then when it all turns to crap he suddenly is the villain. Go figure.

Peter Sterling confirmed on TripleM before the game they had told Peats to run more and even try to kick if he could. Obviously fell on deaf ears.

Shorty

Staff member
Peter Sterling confirmed on TripleM before the game they had told Peats to run more and even try to kick if he could. Obviously fell on deaf ears.
Seems he has the same issue as Pearce, afraid to take risks and play what's in front of him.
I think they should stick with him though, he was very good in game 1.

Incorrect

Coach
What - they didn't know if he knew how to kick?

If they watched the Tigers V Titans game a few weeks back they would have had their answer - anyone remember his kick from dummy half that night? f**king terrible!

Origin III training

Sterlo - "Nath, mate, next Wednesday at Suncorp.... if you get the chance, maybe take a few quick darts out of dummy half instead of passing it all the time yeah?

Peats - "Hmmm. Yeah maybe, but what about Pearcey, it's his team isn't it?"

Sterlo - "Yeah, but just play what you see. If there's space and we get a quick play the ball, have a scoot. AND - maybe even kick if the opportunity presents itself... you can do that yeah?"

Peats - "Kick? You mean like when they drop it and swing through with their foot and make it go in the air downfield?"

Sterlo - "Maybe stick to the original plan, just pass it to Pearcey"

Peats - "Uh huh, Yep"

CliffyIsGod

First Grade

Oi, Cam Smith, we have the Australian half and five-eigth. Don't overplay your hand just service the halves.

squiddy

Juniors
Are you finished with Peats yet, let's start on Fifita, after him Woods . . . wake me up when you get to Hayne, I wouldn't want to miss him

Just goes to show you how bad Qld were in game 1 without Slater et al

Mulgoa Joe

Juniors
Peats didn't have exclusive rights to picking the ball up and having a scoot.
Isn't Mitch the fastest, Hayne the most dangerous, Teddy untouchable etc

Get in to it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
my dyslexia is playing up.. i thought this thread said "Peats is carp"

upload_2017-7-13_23-29-40.png

thankfully i was wrong.. i was about to sell my soul to santa..

Frailty

First Grade
I'm glad the posters here have no real say on selections.

At what point do you think it would have been optimal for Peats to run? The forwards were monstered by the Queensland defence. Their line speed was incredible causing slow play the balls. If Peats tried to run, it would have either meant him getting caught by markers, or forcing a pass to the forwards right at the defensive line.

It's no coincidence that in Game 1 where NSW dominated the forward battle and had great defence that Cam Smith was neutralised.

The key issue with Game 3 from NSW was their linespeed in defence was non-existant (makes sense if Dean Pay is the D coach). QLD beat the crap out of them, and tore them down.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm glad the posters here have no real say on selections.

At what point do you think it would have been optimal for Peats to run? The forwards were monstered by the Queensland defence. Their line speed was incredible causing slow play the balls. If Peats tried to run, it would have either meant him getting caught by markers, or forcing a pass to the forwards right at the defensive line.

It's no coincidence that in Game 1 where NSW dominated the forward battle and had great defence that Cam Smith was neutralised.

The key issue with Game 3 from NSW was their linespeed in defence was non-existant (makes sense if Dean Pay is the D coach). QLD beat the crap out of them, and tore them down.

Klemmer made some huge runs. There was plenty of times where he could have taken maybe a step or two out of acting half.