What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Crackdown Disbanded

What was your opinion on the penalty crackdown?

• Way over the top, was spoiling the game?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A bit too much.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • About time & they should maintain it.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Card Shark

Immortal
That clown Beattie & his puppet Greenberg have bowed to “fan pressure” & come out today saying they have told the refs to stop being nit-picky with the penalties.

I get the feeling most fans were happy with the crackdown for the long term benefit of the game.

....& It’s only the press banging on about it that forced Beattie to try & suck up to them.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Card Shark

Immortal
If they wanted to disband it, just let the crackdown whittle away...

NRL always make drastic steps, not fine tune rules.

Dopes!

txta2

Bench
I like the bin sendings. Blatant penalties ya gone. Should be for foul play as well

Stake Removed

First Grade
Should get indication from thursday night what is happening.

They also added that you can be sent to bin for foul play, so late hits on playmakers, if someone hits Fifita late i bet nothing happens

Marchad

Juniors
It’s the pickiness that pisses me off. You are left scratching your head sometimes at some of the silly calls the refs are making.

wibble

Bench
It’s the pickiness that pisses me off. You are left scratching your head sometimes at some of the silly calls the refs are making.

I agree. Though that is always the case, just magnified by more penalties and sin binnings.

Card Shark

Immortal
They also added that you can be sent to bin for foul play, so late hits on playmakers, if someone hits Fifita late i bet nothing happens

It made me laugh when I heard they just changed this rule too.

What about Napper 3 weeks ago!!

Beattie is such a dumb merkin, he seriously is.

Greenberg is a slimy prick but at least he has some brains.

The game is in terrible hands!

Surely

Post Whore
Yeah let’s not be so picky, we only have a 10 metre rule because you are supposed to be back 8 metres.