What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Easily our best performance this year. We showed what we are capable of.

3 JWH
2 fergo
1 cords

Honourable mention, everyone else.

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. Played the full 80 minutes. Made 39 tackles. Ran the ball 26 times. Made 244 metres with ball in hand. Best game by the big fella this season by far.

2 points: Joseph Manu. Took the intercept which lead to the first try of the game. Set up Fergo for his second try with a deft pass, and saved a try with a great last ditch tackle.

1 point: Blake Ferguson. Score 2 tries. Kicked 2 goals. Made 2 line breaks. Only had to make 4 tackles. Ran the ball 22 times. Made 207 metres with ball in hand.

Forwards layed the platform today. We had 4 forwards (either starters or off the onterchange bench) who cracked the 100 metre mark with ball in hand, whilst the Panthers had none in their forwards. Fact is in our 17 we had 7 players make 100 metres or more (6 of whom ran for 150m+) whilst Penrith only had 2 players in their 17.

Also Penrith missed 60 tackles according to stats on the NRL's website.

Wow.
I don't think Mau has ever been awarded 3 points before so if he hasn't, let me be the first. His pass to Fergo to score in the corner was sublime. The kid's having a cracking year. Fergo continues his golden run and possibly Jared's best game since 2015?
Also another grear captain's knock from Cordner.
3. Manu
2. JWH
1. Fergo

I'll need to watch a replay through sobre eyes but pretty confident about my three picks. Hopefully our injuries arent too serious and we can start a confidence boosting run of form. Long way to go and know we can come crashing down back to earth against Storm. A pitty about the poor crowd last night. Seems like our fans would rather watch the Swans?

Valheru

Coach
Latrell has been given the all clear which is great news.

Napa to miss a month which potentially could see him only missing the one game as we are in the weird position of having no game, storm, bye over the next 3 weeks.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Outstanding team performance.

We needed to step up and show we're the real deal and we did. That wasn't just a win; we absolutely pasted the team coming first and made them look bog average.

3. JWH He was dominating like Thanos out there.
2. Manu A brilliant all round performance. That in and away into the flick pass for Fergo was world class.
1. Radley The 1pt could have gone to any number of players but once again I just love the completeness of Rads game. He's so dynamic in attack and offers crucial x factor. Going the blind side for the first try... damn smart footy player. *edit* he went blind side for the last try too. He reads numbers and the game so well.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Outstanding team performance.

We needed to step up and show we're the real deal and we did. That wasn't just a win; we absolutely pasted the team coming first and made them look bog average.

3. JWH He was dominating like Thanos out there.
2. Manu A brilliant all round performance. That in and away into the flick pass for Fergo was world class.
1. Radley The 1pt could have gone to any number of players but once again I just love the completeness of Rads game. He's so dynamic in attack and offers crucial x factor. Going the blind side for the first try... damn smart footy player.

Pretty much this for me as well. First game I’ve watched of us in a few weeks and we finally delivered 80 mins of good quality footy.

That was 2015 JWH before the knee injury tonight. Tauks would’ve destroyed as well if he played last night.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I have to put Latrell in there as he was on fire before he got injured.

3 - Latrell
2- JWH
1- Fergo

Special mention to Manu, best game he has played in a Roosters jersey.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. JWH. In fact he should get all 6 points. Magnificent 80 minute display from the big fella.
2. Manu. Played a very nice all-round game which will give him a massive confidence boost
1. Mr Ferguson. Keeps putting in every week.

Valheru

Coach
Manu has been charged for that totally accidental crusher tackle in the first 5 minutes which was penalised on the field resulting in no injury to peachy.

Nathan Cleary has not been charged for his also accidental crusher tackle on latrell which resulted in a f**king stretcher job and not penalised on field.

Ludicrous.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The MRP is a disgrace. I couldn't loathe the way the NRL operates any more.

We should absolutely contest and get off.

H.H

Juniors
3 - JWH
2 - Radley
1 - Fergo

Sorry Manu, you were outstanding but couldn't put you ahead of those 3.

Lambretta

First Grade
Re watched this game the other day

3 points JWH
2 points Fergo
1 point Keary / Manu / Liu

Can't split em.

Latest posts