What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Junior league no longer result based

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Congratulations to gus Gould and the panthers organisation on implementing a top initiative, hoepfully the state and fed govts can get on board,

Junior matches will no longer be results based, no finals system, an initiative to stamp out unsociable parent behaviour, crowd control security also now in place

Pros and cons.

All jrl should be non-competitive below under 10s. However, there is no doubt some people are motivated by winning and removing that motivation could weaken interest in some children and parents. It can be the highlight of a child's early life to win a grand final.

That said, if you are in a hell hole like western Sydney where people can't control themselves you sometimes have to sacrifice ideals for a compromise that puts safety ahead of other considerations.

thorson1987

Coach
May i ask, at what ages is this implimented?

U/6's and U/7's

So really its nothing new. It has been that way in most junior leagues for years.

IIRC U/6's hasnt been competitive for over 23 years (i played U/6's in 92 and we had no finals back then)

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Yeah, congratulations Gus on following the model that junior soccer has had for many years, at least in Qld.
Still, a good initiative all the same.

nick87

Coach
That's fine then.
At that age ive got no problems with it.
U10's and above is where i draw the line, at that age i think the lessons learnt from playing competitive sport is important.

dogslife

Coach
Can we still bet on the game?
wuss_bets-150x150.png

thorson1987

Coach
Yeah, congratulations Gus on following the model that junior soccer has had for many years, at least in Qld.
Still, a good initiative all the same.

Or even every other junior rugby league comp in sydney.

Im actually shocked that they didnt have it beforehand.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Penrith have always had the U6s as non-competitive (at least when my blokes were coming through), I think Parramatta had 6s, 7s & 8s as non-competitive for a while, might have changed that a few years ago.

So what age groups have become non-competitive? Can't see A graders running around if there are no results (remember A grade is under the district junior leagues).

thorson1987

Coach
Penrith have always had the U6s as non-competitive (at least when my blokes were coming through), I think Parramatta had 6s, 7s & 8s as non-competitive for a while, might have changed that a few years ago.

So what age groups have become non-competitive? Can't see A graders running around if there are no results (remember A grade is under the district junior leagues).

6's and 7's

Latest posts