What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith produce comeback of the year ... actually, of the last 110 years

GongPanther

Referee
Yet no one really mentions our comeback last year against Warriors after being 22 points down.
Did we scored 4 tries in 5 minutes in that game? Although a great comeback V Warriors,these do happen I guess at least once a year. What makes this Manly game stand out is that the fightback occurred with 12 minutes on the clock.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Penrith fans still refer to the comeback against the Wests Tigers 18 years later. The same will happen with this I think.

Still remember it well. Down 31 - 8 with 20 odd minutes to go. Tony Puletua was a beast on the edge scoring a couple of tries. Chris Hicks kick 3 or 4 from the sidleline.Ended up kicking 6/6 I think.
It wasn't a very good match but the comeback was pulsating and thats why I still remember it today.

OldPanther

Coach
As they say you're only as good as your last half of a football game. And we were simply brilliant. To score 4 tries in 7 minutes is stuff legends are made of. When people sit back,and give it time then look back on what we did in this game,it will be then be more appreciated.

It was more like 14 minutes but still awesome.

I remember a game against the Knights in the 90s, We were well in front at halftime. I was giving my brother-in-law ( he was a mad Knights supporter) a gob full all through the break. The Knights came out and toweled us up in the second half and won the game. I then had to eat humble pie for the rest of the night.
Great times.

Probably 1996.
We were up 20- 4 at half-time and lost 24-22. I remember Roycie blowing up over a lopsided penalty count after that match. He claimed we were being victimised for our stance in relation to Super league.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Only the die hard fans will remember.

Of course people will remember...

Aren't we all die hard fans around here? Although the fan base thankfully stretches well beyond here.

People remember the Tigers game years ago - The warriors game, lets not forget the Moylan masterclass for 5 mins against the raiders....

This will be spoken about for years... We were shit - but the story only ever ends at the finish..

OldPanther

Coach
It was 7 minutes. For some reason,someone on Fox said 6 minutes. Them timeline of the scoring has those 4 tries within 7 minutes.

Never mind I realise what I did. The first try in the comeback was with 12 minutes to go. The last try was at 6 minutes to go.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nothing to do with that. When we have so many come from behind wins over the last few years it just blends in.

Look at the gameday thread. It is all about the 1st 65mins and not the end. As most things have been the last few years. Always the downside never the good

OldPanther

Coach
Look at the gameday thread. It is all about the 1st 65mins and not the end. As most things have been the last few years. Always the downside never the good

Well I got so excited I shouted at the TV and my daughter freaked and left the room haha.

Anyone notice Nathan burn Walker. Faster than I thought.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well I got so excited I shouted at the TV and my daughter freaked and left the room haha.

Anyone notice Nathan burn Walker. Faster than I thought.
I realised how fast he was in Origin 2. That Telstra tracker shit had him as one of the 5 quickest being measured at 33.1 or 33.7km/h while chasing Kalyn Ponga.

This is late in a second half after covering something like 6kms and having the highest intensity while doing so. The kid is ridiculously fit and works extremely hard.

OldPanther

Coach
I realised how fast he was in Origin 2. That Telstra tracker shit had him as one of the 5 quickest being measured at 33.1 or 33.7km/h while chasing Kalyn Ponga.

This is late in a second half after covering something like 6kms and having the highest intensity while doing so. The kid is ridiculously fit and works extremely hard.

Yeah he makes me miss my early 20s.