What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith the Premiers!

President Lee

Juniors
Congratulations to Johnny Lang and the Panthers. Well deserved, long time coming. I am just so happy for the guy, and all our ex-players.

wittyfan

Referee
Yep, no coach deserves a premiership more than Lang. :D And it was great seeing Preston kick that goal the end! WHAT A GAME!!!! :)

cheese

Bench
Gotta admit it...that was a f**king corker of a game :)! Priddis and Marty lang should tour on the back of that performance!

Great pictures when Johny was hugging his mrs ...

The Popper

Bench
Me too, Salmon. I found myself cheering for for Preston and Langy just like in the old days. I reckon Priddis and Sattler may have played their way into the Kangaroos too.
On a dour note, I'm just sitting here waiting for Blacktip to come on the scene to gloat over Andrew Lomu being taken off after two mistakes from two touches of the ball. Bit slow, Blacktip. I thought your comment on that would be first cab off the rank.

wittyfan

Referee
The Popper said:
I'm just sitting here waiting for Blacktip to come on the scene to gloat over Andrew Lomu being taken off after two mistakes from two touches of the ball. Bit slow, Blacktip. I thought your comment on that would be first cab off the rank.

Yes, where are you Reefy?! :?

Skitz

Juniors
Congrats & well done the the Panthers.Lucky Priddis & Gower played well to cover Preston's poor game!!! :eek:

cheese

Bench
The Popper said:
Blacktip to come on the scene to gloat over Andrew Lomu being taken off after two mistakes from two touches of the ball. Bit slow, Blacktip. I thought your comment on that would be first cab off.
lol ...i was thinking the same pop!

I cant believe the Panthers won. I cant believe JL won.

I couldnt care less that Penrith won but I'm glad that the Roosters lost. Did anyone spot Brad Fittler? Gee that Brett Finch is an ordinary player isnt he. Adrian Morley, however, is the best thing to come out of England.

Another thing I HATE THE NIGHT GRAND FINAL, bring back the 3pm kickoff!

The Popper

Bench
Fittler was pretty quiet. The Panthers had him covered. I'd imagine his arm injury finally caught up with him. But that does not detract from a magnificent display by the Panthers.

Aries

Bench
ShireShark said:
I cant believe the Panthers won. I cant believe JL won.

I couldnt care less that Penrith won but I'm glad that the Roosters lost. Did anyone spot Brad Fittler? Gee that Brett Finch is an ordinary player isnt he. Adrian Morley, however, is the best thing to come out of England.

Another thing I HATE THE NIGHT GRAND FINAL, bring back the 3pm kickoff!

Well done to the panthers...

One of the best GF's I have ever seen for game play, tackling, etc, etc...

I have no voice left and won money. I'm a happy chappy :D

I agree SS... the night game is crap. We didn't even get to see the "entertainment" before the game. We had to listen to more dribble from the "experts"!! I thought I had listened to enough dribble in the hours leading up to the game :?

Why is the NEWS so important? Like, fug the news, this is GF day... get over it KERRY, the news aint THAT important you dickhead!! :D

Aries said:
Why is the NEWS so important? Like, fug the news, this is GF day... get over it KERRY, the news aint THAT important you dickhead!! :D

Yeah Channel 9 loves the night GF cos they get more viewers. That's all good for Channel 9, but what does it do for me? Forget catering for people who only watched the GF cos they're too lazy to change the channel after the Sunday news, what about the die hard league fans who would watch the game no matter what time it is on?

The fans who pay all the money for tickets and merchandise. Bring back the traditional GF day I reckon. Someone needs to put a leash on Channel 9, what about the coverage? Did we even see the Roosters run onto the ground?

Aries

Bench
Skitz said:
Aries said:
I have no voice left and won money. I'm a happy chappy :D
How much did ya win dude???

Not much mate. I put a "lobster" on them in round 23 (so I found out the other day) when they payed $8.00... I'm actually pissed off, as I thought I had 8-1, but that is actually only 7-1... so I won $160. You then have to minus my $20 I outlayed origionally :?...

btw, I put the bet on to give me a REAL reason to cheer them on. I also thought they WOULD win, which helps :lol:

bubs

Juniors
f**k I wish I backed them at the beginning of the year. At about 100/1 or so after their last two seasons.
JL finally wins his premiership and CONGRATULATIONS from all of us.

millersnose

Post Whore
congrats panthers (god that hurt)

and SS you are dead right

i think morely is the best forward in the game and has been for a while

MR GEORGE

Juniors
anderson should give himself an uppercut for letting preston campbell go. he could not win a comp with him. yeah right . john lang can thank you very much.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Congrats Panthers - great game! I'm glad the roosters didn't win again.

Well done Langy and especially Priddis, on a great performance. What about Sattler's cover tackle on Byrne - what an effort.

IMO that was easily the most enjoyable game to watch all season (shame the sharks weren't in it).

mullet

Juniors
a downer was the little footage of the roosters sulking. Absoluty priceless in my eyes :lol: :lol: :badgrin: :badgrin: :-({|=

Congrats panthers

Latest posts