What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith the Premiers!

Scotty

Juniors
It was good to finally see a few things come true last night which many people have believed for ages:

1. Brett Finch is crap and should be playing in Premier League

2. Chris Walker is crap and terribly over rated.

bull shark

Juniors
Scotty said:
It was good to finally see a few things come true last night which many people have believed for ages:

And Fred Fittler looks really good in a team that's cruising to victory - not much chop when the work's a bit hard

beerboy

Juniors
i am so happy for the Panthers!! i was watching the game with mates and i celebrated so hard i got the biggest buzz at seeing my 2nd fav team since Langy left win as hot underdogs to my most hated team.
I felt so happy and cheering, i told my mate, i feel this happy for them imagine how id feel if the Sharkies had won?

Sattlers tackle was inspirational, if ever any team feels they cant win a match they need to watch the this greatest GF ever before a game, topped of the best season (and thats saying something after our depressing season)

I'm pretty disapointed in the non selection of Preston, Wesser and to a point Wesser

Good luck Noddy and Bailey on tour, well deserved!!

Scotty said:

True. Finch was atrocious. Even more noticable on the replay. The worry is that he doesnt know that he is crap. Where was Wing? And Fittler? I cant stand Crocker I hope he doesnt play for Australia.

It's always great to see an underdog get up and even more so when it's against the Roosters. Just goes to show that team spirit, guts and determination can triumph over a team of (supposed) superstars.

It was also great to see Langy and those ex-Cronulla boys win a Premiership. Congratulations guys and to the rest of the Panthers on an inspired performance!

Anything that shuts up Phil Gould has also got to be a good thing.

DJDL

Bench
I know this thread is done so sorry to drag it up - haven't been around much of late......

anderson should give himself an uppercut for letting preston campbell go. he could not win a comp with him. yeah right . john lang can thank you very much.

Are you kidding??? Was Preston even out there?
Oh that's right, he converted a try with about 3 minutes to go.
Great game son. Not.
The Panthers won on the back of having an awesome forward pack who work as a solid unit, a very clever dummy half, and Craig Gower.
Pretty much how the Rooters got there last year.

And this one:-

Gotta admit it...that was a f**king corker of a game ! Priddis and Marty lang should tour on the back of that performance!

Cheese, what are you on about??
Martin Lang has gone from battering ram to rag-doll. Every time he took the ball up he was absolutely smashed BACKWARDS!!
The only time I recall him making any ground was in the last 10 minutes. Which is how I remember him in his last couple of seasons at the Sharks.
You need someone making inroads early. 70 minutes in is far too late to be suddenly making an impact.

Can't argue with Priddis though. Head and shoulders above anyone else out there.

cheese

Bench
what the?! :shock:

Marty ran straight and hard all night, he got smashed to the point of unconsciousness on almost every hit, yet STILL put his hand up more than any other forward on the park! The only players who hit it up more than lang were the two fullbacks! Then add his 20 tackles, his zero errors and his only one miss into the mix, and it equates to a stella front row performance! Its simple, if marty hadnt have played, i dont reckon the panthers would have had the grunt to win, he showed more heart than anyone, and the fact that he kept getting up for more would have lifted his teammates no-end

4000 topline forwards had pulled out of the tour ....i reckon my statement was a fair call ....

(This has nothing to do with any kind of penulla bandwagon, or anti-opes sentiment - i hate that sh!te........Its nothing more than giving credit where credits due)

DJDL

Bench
Oh well. Have to agree to disagree there, Cheese.
I'm not denying his work rate was high. Just his effectiveness.