What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith's New Academy Opened

Pomoz

Bench
What a great day to be a Panther and member of the Penrith community. The new facility was opened in the presence of the Prime Minister and he deserves praise for taking the time to be there and lending his gravitas to the occasion. But the honour of opening the facility fell to John Farragher. What a display of sensitivity and class by the club to bestow this honour on John.

How the rugby league community and the Panther's club has dealt with John's accident, terrible though it was, demonstrates the strong values of freindship, community and caring that made me fall in love with league in the first place. Tough game, tough men who play it, but it's those values that make it the truly great sport that it is.

The management team deserve the highest of praise for getting this facility built and we now have the facilities to take this club to another level.

franklin2323

Immortal
I like the fact the training field has cameras which go in to computers in real time. Should fix problems faster rather then finding them mid game

panther.mike

Juniors
I live in the north so I am not up to date, could you tell me please who paiid for building this academy?

ashton

Juniors
Gould spent 25 million on the rugby league academy plus the leagues club gives the football club 6 million dollars plus per year. No return on equity......we will go broke
And Gould thinks Anthony Griffin can coach........what a waste of money.

ashton

Juniors
I forgot Gould also hired Cory Payne......it would have cost plenty of money to sack Payne and pay for the sacking of Ivan Cleary wages for 2016 .....we are wasting large amounts of money under Goulds leadership.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
Gould spent 25 million on the rugby league academy plus the leagues club gives the football club 6 million dollars plus per year. No return on equity......we will go broke
And Gould thinks Anthony Griffin can coach........what a waste of money.

What you have posted is garbage. So enlighten me because I want to understand what your point is; Do you think investing in an academy was a waste of money and shouldn't have been done?
Don't you agree that the Leagues club should invest in the footy club?

Panther Pete

Juniors
Some people seem to think that building an academy means you'll win every week.
No, I actually don't think anyhow expects us to win every week. There is a reasonable expectation however that we should win more than 2 out of our first 7.

TheFrog

Coach
I thought that would happen too, Pete. Having a nice Academy doesn't make a lot of difference if the side isn't up to it.

ashton

Juniors
What you have posted is garbage. So enlighten me because I want to understand what your point is; Do you think investing in an academy was a waste of money and shouldn't have been done?
Don't you agree that the Leagues club should invest in the footy club?

Yes I think the leagues club should be funding the football club. But not 6 million dollars per year.
Panthers has lost over 100 million dollars in equity over the last 10 years. Fact.
Why do you need to spend 25 million on a RL academy with no return on equity surely you could get a good academy for about half that price. Or receive government funding like all the other NRL clubs are doing.

ashton

Juniors
Some people seem to think that building an academy means you'll win every week.
We have a poor coach look at the results and the amount of money that was spent on the academy with no return on equity is the problem. The money was borrowed from the bank.......we could go broke.

TheFrog

Coach
Panthers has lost over 100 million dollars in equity over the last 10 years. Fact.
Internet Rule No 1: Never believe any statement that is followed by the one word sentence: Fact.

I'd suggest when making sweeping claims like this that some evidence would be in order.

ashton

Juniors
Internet Rule No 1: Never believe any statement that is followed by the one word sentence: Fact.

I'd suggest when making sweeping claims like this that some evidence would be in order.

Read the Panthers financial report.......what I'm saying is 100% correct ......read the last 10 years financial reports.

Pomoz

Bench
The Panther is not publicly listed. Return on equity is irrelevant. Without a Panthers team there would be no leagues club. The hint is in the word 'leagues'. Your response is exactly why the club got in a mess in the first place. It forgot what it was created for and that is to support rugby league. By all means comment on the financial performance but the academy isn't meant to generate ROE.

I find you start with a coarse stone first and then finish off with a very fine grain. It's quite an art, grinding an axe.

ashton

Juniors
The Panther is not publicly listed. Return on equity is irrelevant. Without a Panthers team there would be no leagues club. The hint is in the word 'leagues'. Your response is exactly why the club got in a mess in the first place. It forgot what it was created for and that is to support rugby league. By all means comment on the financial performance but the academy isn't meant to generate ROE.

I find you start with a coarse stone first and then finish off with a very fine grain. It's quite an art, grinding an axe.
I don't have a problem with the academy read what I said. .Its the amount 25 million of borrowed money that they spent on it. Other clubs such as Souths received 16 million to build their academy from government handouts.
Without a leagues club there is no football team.
The leagues club got into trouble because of poor management.