What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

Cliffhanger

Coach
did a 1rm test for squats. Didn't use a belt because O'm a champ 90kg arse to grass, 92.5 just below parallel.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
did a 1rm test for squats. Didn't use a belt because O'm a champ 90kg arse to grass, 92.5 just below parallel.

Those are absurdly good numbers. Well done. I don't see many guys at the gym squatting 100 kilos. I squat and deadlift quite a bit over my bodyweight but you must be pushing nearly double bodyweight.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Cheers, I wish I was close to squatting double my body weight, I weigh around 60kg though so I'm a little off squatting double my body weight. But I've only been squatting heavy for just under three months, so hopefully that's coming.

I am naturally flexible and short, so would have shorter range of motion, so it's less of an effort for me than it would be for someone taller.

Danish

Referee
Managed a 5km road PB on the weekend during the black ores bridge run. Previous PB was 19:00, ran the first 5km on Sunday in 18:20 :D

Ran the 9.3km course in 36 mins all up, coming in 67th place overall.

On track to run a 38:XX 10km at the Run4Fun in November. If I can perhaps even scrape in at sub 38 mins I'll be ecstatic

nzwarriorskuz

Juniors
1rm 85kg bench, 1rm 130kg deaflift, 100kg 1rm squat, current weight 85kg, goal is to get to 90kg end of the year with 110 rm bench and 150kg 1rm deadlift, 120kg 1rm squat.

Cliffhanger

Coach
New back squat PB 97kg arse to grass. Thought I'd get 100 kg :( couldn't even get to parallel with 100 on my back though :(

Here's the shuttles I did yesterday, with moderate difficulty. I challenge people to take it on.

Each shuttle was to the 10 & back, 20 & back, 30 & back.
Start a set on 0:00, 0:45, 1:45, 3:00 and 4:30.
Do this 3 times with 3 mins in between each group of 5.
Make sure you times don't deteriorate as much as you can. Each set should be done as fast as possible.

If you stick to the times it will take 21 minutes to complete.

Snoochies

First Grade
Been looking at some BodyBuilding forums and looking at some of the members PB's and they are awesome, but in another thread they are all talking about the 'gear' they are using.

For someone like me who uses nothing except a whey protein, I guess I shouldn't be too discouraged that I'm far off from some of their lifts.

I'm slowly starting to realise that I have been oblivious to the fact that performance enhances are fairly common and widespread. PB's should be split into different categories I think.

But congrats to those who are just naturaly strong.

Cliffhanger

Coach
All that performance enhancing crap has terrible side effects, it destroys their personality, their organs and a lot of other things. It's also shows a lack of faith in yourself.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
See I don't really think it shows a lack of faith. PEDs are effective to the extreme. You will never achieve results that a person roiding off their face will with all things being equal. I think what it shows is a desire for quick results combined with some peoples insane lust for glory.

I know guys who roid to win muckaround sports. That to me is crazy.

A lot of the guys who use PEDs for quick results tend to end up not achieving much because they are impatient but the guys who do it to win add it to an already crazy regime and they turn into monsters. The only real issue I have with PED use is in professional sport because if it was open season so to speak it forces everyone to dope including women which is an obvious problem just from a hormonal POV.

THe best idea is not to compare your lifts to other people anyway. Lots of things come into that. I am really really tall so I suffer a bit on the bench press but make up for it in the deadlift. All a person should be really concerned with (unless they are a powerlifter or other strength athlete) is beating their own records. That is what I enjoy about weightlifting its really you against yourself. Its hugely mental and I find it fun.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Pete is right, one of the reasons I quit my Oly lifting team is because I hated the idea of trying to be better than others or letting that motivate me.

Everyone is different, we have different strength and weaknesses, in fact our muscles don't even necessarily attach at the same spots and this in itself can be an advantage or disadvantage.

My goal is to be better than I was yesterday.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I keep meaning to make a thread about lifting as a taller man. The thing is we have to move the weight a longer distance in every lift. The bench is the most obvious of the compound lift but if you were shorter you'd probably squat more. In the bb staples a lat pull down is murder for taller people because they have to bring the bar from so far away.

RHCP

Bench
I'm another in the tall club. I find that I'm a lot more comfortable using lower reps than others for most exercises (especially squats) just because of the increased ROM and TUT that builds up over a high rep set.