What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

Frailty

First Grade
That makes a bit more sense, but even so dropping 40kg in under 2 years is a big task.

I haven't set foot in a gym myself. Always found when i did in the past I'd end up going to hard, hurting myself then just hitting the maccas again. I took to walking, then running this time and thats all I do. Can't really hurt yourself that way so took away the excuses. Normally run 5 times a week, then just do 40 mins on the exercise bike on my 2 days off to give my knees a break.

One of the things you don't really think about when losing a lot of weight is how much its going to cost you in clothing. I've had to replace most things in my wardrobe because they are just swimming on me. Although can't really complain as its a good problem to have

My gym sessions normally are a 15-20 minute run on the treadmill followed by weights (Wednesday is more cardio only though).

Concur about the cost of clothing. Only two months ago I bought a new belt with 3-4 holes spare and I'm already on my last one! In the last 3 months I've bought 2 pairs of jeans, 4 shirts, 2 shorts, and a belt. That's more than I would buy in two years!

Frailty

First Grade
I keep injuring myself when I go running. I have pulled muscles in both of my calves and my physio has recommended I go and see an podiatrist. In the meantime I am hitting the gym hard and doing cross fit exercises and heavy compounds on alternating days. I haven't lost kilos but I am dropping clothes sizes.

It just means your routine is working in maintaining/building lean muscle mass whilst cutting body fat.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Good luck mate, make sure to let us know how that goes. What are you at right now?

Currently for the same reps as I stated in my goals:

Squat 110kg
bench 70kg
deadlift 130kg

I'm confident I'll make my squat and deadlift targets, nailed a 1 rep squat of 140kg way below parallel tonight after my work sets, and hit a 150kg deadlift a week or two back without much of struggle. Bench will be tough, I've got long arms so I'm not naturally built for benching, plus I have an iffy shoulder. Have set myself a 1RM squat target of 160kg for the end of the year now too :)

Cliffhanger

Coach
My two major goals at the moment is doing a full planche pushup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuJ3T0sQ88

And sending archimedes principle. Sending basically means climbing the whole route without coming off.
278811-largest_2691.jpg

Joker's Wild

Coach
My gym sessions normally are a 15-20 minute run on the treadmill followed by weights (Wednesday is more cardio only though).

Doing that much cardio before a weights session will effect your lifts dude. You really should do a light warm up (3-5min max) and get straight into your weights 1st as you will lift more and have better form when your body is not so fatigued.

Cliffhanger

Coach
When I was lifting heavy I'd always go for a 45 minute run afterwards, it was the best feeling ever, because after doing 60 kilo squats you weightless when you're running.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Doing that much cardio before a weights session will effect your lifts dude. You really should do a light warm up (3-5min max) and get straight into your weights 1st as you will lift more and have better form when your body is not so fatigued.

Agreed. I go 5 min on the bike to warm up, then 2 warm-up sets of squats with an empty bar, then about 3 more warmup sets with progressively more weight and less reps (last one is 1 rep at my work set weight). I'm pretty warmed up by that point and go straight into my squat work sets, and after 3 sets of heavy squats I'm usually sweating like a kiddie fiddler at a Wiggles concert!

DeeJ

Bench
Bodyweight 85-86kg
Deadlift 190kg
Bench 130kg
push ups 75 in 60 secs

1RM pull up 88kg bodyweight + 42.5kg

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nailed a 155kg squat today, attempted 160 but failed, still only 5kg to go to hit my end of year target and a month to do it in.

Hamstring getting better, did my Pec last week though. I'm just going to say f**k it to bench press for a while, causes me too much grief. Instead I'll just focus on building my standing press, which is way more badass anyway. End ov year goal = press bodyweight for a set ov 5-6.

dogslife

Coach
Finally got to the end of the dumbbell rack at the gym for my flat bench press. Pretty happy that I can now do several solid sets of 12 reps at 50kg, seeing as though when I started I could barely do the 12's :eek:. Now I think I have to find a new gym :?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Flat barbell is easier, using dumbells forces you to engage more muscles.

The only thing I use a barbell for is thrusts.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Damn some of you guys push some super-impressive numbers, it's pretty inspirational for someone like me who's pretty much a novice (only been back in training about 3 months after hardly training for 3-4 years, and not doing anything focussed for a fair bit longer than that).
My new long term goals are to get my squat up to advanced level standard, which would be 192.5kg at my current bodyweight, hit 2x bodyweight deadlift and get my bench up to something respectable (never gonna be a great bencher though I think). Bodyweight under 100kg would be nice too (which will happen if I get my bodyfat down to something respectable).

Latest posts