What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

IFR33K

Coach
About 4 weeks into my 12 week cut. 5 more kgs to lose. Getting lean!

11kv63a.jpg

You dieting for a comp, or just for the sake of getting lean.

Snoochies

First Grade
Lost 8 kilos so far this year.

Gained a heap of strength and can now run 10km :)

Looking to lose 4 more kilos and hoping to be able to run 13km's over the next 8 weeks then hopefully I'll be Toughmudder ready :)

PS. Anyone tried Bas Rutten All Round Workout?

Cowboys woo

Juniors
I used to be 185 cm and 100 kg at the end of 2010. Now I'm 188 cm and 89 kg. just turned 18 only a month and a half ago too.

I used to be addicted the soft drink and would have a can or even two after school each day. It was insane. Eventually it just clicked with me they I weighed too much and it was time to cut and junk and soft drink and I haven't looked back since. Also addicted to Red Rooster and their chips. I Could go through a family chips all by myself relatively comfortably.

The first year I lost the weight but I lost it too fast and ended up putting about half of what I lost back on again. I re-defined my approach and decided to eat a bit more every day and I haven't looked back since the stsrt of this year. I'm at my best physical condition I've been in and I intend of going down to about 85 kg, hopefully by Christmas is my goal.

I do cardio on the bike and do the occasional running and do light weights. As soon as I get a job however I'm getting s gym membership. Usually i ride the bike 15km a day, with a break at 7km for 30 minutes then ride the next 8km, 3-4 days a week.

To put it in perspective, when I first started my diet and fitness plan 18 months ago I used to ride the stationary bike at home for 3.7 km, 4 times a day at about 3-4 days a week. So I was riding 15 km a day pretty much. At the end of each 3.7 km ride I was buggered and sweating profusely. Yesterday (about 6 hours go to be precise) I just rode 15 km without stopping for the first time ever, riding st sbout half difficulty and an RPM of 110 or 29 km an hour is what i stuck to. Satisfaction I got out of it was amazing.

My diet also changed big time too. Out with the fast food 2-3 times a week and in with the fruit and a lot of organic studf. I especially encourage people to lose weight to eat cherries. They are a wonder food seriously. I also used to have feet problems, most namely flat feet and tendinitis (inflammation of tendons in my feet and knee) that no doctor could fix up for me and we went to Westmead"'s children's hospital and all that stuff but the simple solution I found was just in my diet.

Eat 1 can of salmon a day and my flat feet pains went away within 6 months, my tendinitis is now gone as well as my asthma is nearly all gone and my skin looks way better. Cherries assisted this too. My dad suffers from gout and I always tell him to have a serving of salmon a day and 15 cherries a day. He kept it up for a month and was finding small gains in progress but he's a junk food maniac...

It's even getting to the stage that whenever I want to eat a few potato chips or a glass of coke, my stomach feels sore and I get pain or I have a feeling of sickness. This cant be a bad thing as it kills any urges i get, but if anyone reads this and knows why it could be, feedback would be appreciated.

I also used to get sick all the time, and I don't think it's a coincidence that once I started having 2 glasses of organic orange juice a day I never get sick anymore. That stuff is legit a wonder drink and it worked wonders with me.

Also recommend organic peanut butter. Tastes soo good and has a bit of protein and healthy fats. Also reccomend a brand of cereal called "Carmen's" manages to taste so bloody good without having any additives whatsoever. They also sell muesli bars And they have a couple of additives but they're nice too

I still manage to lose weight and maintain a healthy body even though I go out most weekends and drink not massive amounts, but enough to have a good time if you know what I mean lol..

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
Ran 14km in under 80 min for the first time yesterday. Weight now down to 86kg from 106kg in January.

Well done. Has running been your main exercise this year?

You've stripped down alot more than I have, went from 104kg to 95kg now. I've always been a solid build so getting to your weight would be very hard for me.

Good job.

abpanther

Staff member
Well done mate, that's quite an achievement.

Might find you have to go shopping now for new clothes, that's what happened to me :)

Snoochies

First Grade
Yeah I've tried on some board shorts and now I look like the young kids nowadays showing off their undies. Still have 4kg to go so will hold off on the new ones till I achieve that, hopefully before Summer :)

Cliffhanger

Coach
80kg back squat this morning well above my body weight.

Starting a 49 day cut. Want to get down to 56kg because I've started olympic lifting and I want to be in lower weight category, currently at 63kg.

Three low carb (100 grams) 1600 calorie days.
Followed by 1 high carb day (200 grams) 2000 calories.
Then repeat.

Latest posts