What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perth NRL game 2012

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths V Broncos
(TBC) Friday March 23rd

hopefully with the earlier game weather will be a bit kinder! I expect this will sell out pre game so get your tickets early. Think it may be earlier due to the redevelopment of nib commencing around April/May time.

jargan83

Coach
hopefully with the earlier game weather will be a bit kinder! I expect this will sell out pre game so get your tickets early. Think it may be earlier due to the redevelopment of nib commencing around April/May time.

I had heard that the NiB redelveopment will commence once the Western Force finish their Super 15 season next year

Nuke

Staff member
I just figured the NRL / Souths didn't want to chance playing mid-winter again and risk playing in the pool-like conditions again!

Instead, late March will probably see them playing in 40°C heat instead!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Force's last home game is June 30th so may coincide with that I guess, presuming they end up near the bottom again and don;t trouble the playoffs :)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Expect us to get 12k for the trial and sell out the Souths game again (21,500). Weather determining we should be filling the place.

Well 12k plus would be stellar for the preseason. Keep up the great work!

You know much about the quality of coverage/ratings the game can expect in Perth in coming seasons?

Perth Red

Post Whore
When it comes to Perth media coverage of sport it is 100% reliant on if a Perth team is involved (except EPL which gets loads of coverage). Over the last couple of years RL coverage has got better with the efforts of the WARL but unless we have a team the West Australian and TV news will basically ignore the game. As soon as we get a team you can bet they will jump straight on the NRL bandwagon. They did it for RU, pre Force no coverage unless it was Wallabies, then Force came in and they now have a Rugby (sic) pull out on a Monday etc.

We desperately need the NRL to make sure Perth gets decent near live game airtime though if we are going to be succesful, without it it will be a massive uphill struggle.

Does AFL coverage lean towards the Eagles and Dockers in the same way? I.e Are there games involving non Perth teams broadcast live?

Perth Red

Post Whore
They do cover all AFL teams as there are a lot of fans of Vic teams and Lions (strangely!) but 75% of newspaper is Dockers and Eagles. When the Reds were brought into the ARL the West and Sunday Times both employed RL writers, hopefully we will get back to that level of coverage! At the very least I would hope whoever gets the next TV deal shows NRL 7pm and 9pm on their digital channel in WA and Sunday afternoon game live.

Nuke

Staff member
2012 will see an improvement regarding Ch9's coverage. I've been told this by someone who knows, yet I wasn't told in what ways it would be improved.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully back to 2.15pm kick offs on a Sunday and would be nice to get Friday games starting at 9.30pm at least!

Just a few weeks till the Feb NRL game, The WA Red Army will be out and about recruiting new members and we will have a stall near the WARL offices so come and say hello if you are at the game.

Nuke

Staff member
I'll be there. I'll get my ticket in the next week or two.
Gonna be a big weekend of sport for me. The One-Dayer (Australia vs Sri Lanka) on the Friday, the NthQld vs St.George-Illawarra game on the Saturday. I'm looking forward to it!