What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Mata'utia moves overseas

Still Nutty

Juniors
Congrats and good luck to Pete - a three year deal is a good solid arrangement for his future.

Whilst I think he has served us reasonably well for most of his second stint here and been a relatively cost effective player and I wouldn't have had a problem if he was signed on the cheap to give us some depth next year, I think it is ultimately in ours and his best interests that he's secured this deal.

I wish him all the best for the future

Zoidberg

First Grade
Good luck to Pete, hope he goes well. He definitely put the effort in most weeks for us, unfortunately just didn't have the speed and had a few unforced errors in his game.

Burwood

Bench
Bit of a step down for poor Pete- played all 24 games this season in the NRL, and will be playing in England's 2nd division next season. He's a better quality of player than what he'll be surrounded by each week, so should really be able to dominate in his position. Wish him all the best and hope he's back playing in the NRL or at least the Super League in 2019.

Old dog

Juniors
Very sad for Pete, seems like a decision based purely on finance, surely he could have got a first grade side and still been a top player in that team given the difference between NRL and EPL. Of all the player not resigned, let go etc this one upsets me most. Not that he was first rate just the fall from grace after his input to the Knights this season and prior.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Petes only 27 so i daresay he may be back after a couple of years OS

Im surprised he only got a gig in a 2nd grade ESL side though. Hes a better player than that

Yosh

Coach
How much does someone in the 2nd division get in the ESL? Surely it's more than the what the base is for the NRL?