What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peter Sterling praises Penrith Panthers halfback Nathan Cleary's NRL form

age.s

First Grade
He might of been right on some points but what is he trying to gain by just blasting them like that? Its not helpful at all, and it might even be harmful to some of his players rep careers.

He could of expressed all of his concerns about the culture and setup in a hundred different ways, I just don't understand his motives other than being controversial for the sake of it.

Nah f**k that. He's spot on about those useless sycophants. If a spray like that kills our players rep careers they were better off having nothing to do with such a corrupt organisation.

betcats

Referee
Nah f**k that. He's spot on about those useless sycophants. If a spray like that kills our players rep careers they were better off having nothing to do with such a corrupt organisation.

I tend to agree BUT players wont stay here and they wont come here if its killing their rep careers.

age.s

First Grade
I tend to agree BUT players wont stay here and they wont come here if its killing their rep careers.

I guess, it's far from blowing up into a long term thing though. I'd like to think it'll kick the NSWRL into some form of competence before it gets near a serious boycott. There's still another 10 months before the next team is picked.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I guess, it's far from blowing up into a long term thing though. I'd like to think it'll kick the NSWRL into some form of competence before it gets near a serious boycott. There's still another 10 months before the next team is picked.

Again I tend to agree, I just have very little faith in the people running the NSWRL, from a complete outside standpoint there seems to be a lot of politics and old loyalties involved.

darkbloom

Juniors
A prominent bookmaker once said to me about Gus "I'd love him to have a bet BEFORE the race was finished." Why did he not raise the culture issue before the end of the series? What is the purpose of this public hand grenade? Maybe he just wants to position himself as the hard-talkin' , truth-tellin' guru - which is easy to do with 20-20 hindsight when things have gone bad.

Much harder when things are going well and there is a future to play out. If the culture was toxic at Game 3 there is no doubt it was also toxic at Game 1 - culture doesn't turn that quickly.

By the way had Mansour been available and not selected I reckon Gus would have spat chips about that.

Willie Ray

Bench
On N.Cleary,I just love watching him play,even if he's made a mistake or just scored three tries his demeanour doesn't change,such a pro at only nineteen,the sky's the limit for him.
Growing up he did have an extremely cool dad so I guess he's a product of his environment.

Willie Ray

Bench
I'm hoping the panthers can gain some momentum going into the finals just so I can see him in the big games,be good for him after last years experience.

Latest posts