What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Hughes - When do we drop him?

When do we drop Phil Hughes from the test side

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hughes is on 3. Against an opening bowling attack of Starc and Bollinger. With the likes of SOK and Lyon waiting in the wings. If he scores big today he will be the man to replace Clarke.

edit: Hughes doing well, into double figures with 11*. Including a glorious cover drive off Bollinger. 89 away from being in the 1st test team.

Last edited:

Wato

Juniors
Hughes has been dreadful this season. For me I would go either ferguson, handscomb or burns and if they want the experience of picking an already capped player I would go Shaun marsh.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hughes has been dreadful? He's made Shaun Marsh's career average this season. You're not even hiding your bias.

Game update: Hughes advances to 32*. Consecutive boundaries against SOK. Including dancing down the pitch and taking him through midwicket. He is comfortably handling the 2 best spinners in Australia. His weakness to spin is a thing of the past.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
funny hearing you talk about bias

so yeah, 2 shots and his weakness against spin is a thing of the past, lol

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lol he got dropped for 1 bad game against Swann in 2013. He should get picked for 1 good game against SOK and Lyon.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What kind of gimp spends his time following every movement of a grown man? f**king wake up to yourself and get a life.

Hughes has been dreadful? He's made Shaun Marsh's career average this season. You're not even hiding your bias.

Game update: Hughes advances to 32*. Consecutive boundaries against SOK. Including dancing down the pitch and taking him through midwicket. He is comfortably handling the 2 best spinners in Australia. His weakness to spin is a thing of the past.

2 best spinners in Australia.

Haha :lol: :lol:
#-o #-o #-o

Lyon is woeful you fool.

TheParraboy

Staff member
To be fair NSW is close to full strength. If he scores against Starc, SOK and Lyon there should be no questions about his form.

Not surprised he is scoring runs (though very slowly 61 from 159 balls), his former home ground

Always best batting first at the SCG

Wont be near the test this side summer. Maybe he can be picked as back up batsman for our tour to Bangladesh later in the year?

Wato

Juniors

It would be inappropriate for me to criticise Hughes after the events of today. I do not dislike the guy and feel he has been harshly dealt with in the past( such as his dropping in 2009 which was ridiculous) but I do find his form slightly frustrating and believe their are other players who have not had the opportunities he has been afforded who deserve to be selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts