What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

Packy

Bench
These journos know the end is nigh. They are desperately trying to get themselves TV or radio gigs as print is next to dead at least as far as sport goes. With his head Phil was never going to go for TV.

Brutus

Referee
These journos know the end is nigh. They are desperately trying to get themselves TV or radio gigs as print is next to dead at least as far as sport goes. With his head Phil was never going to go for TV.

His voice isn't much better.

Rothfield is thick as pig shit. I made a post on Twitter once where I inferred he was a troll and should generally f**k off, and he retweeted me and replied expressing his agreement, he was under the illusion I was siding with him on some issue he was arguing with somebody about :lol:

GongPanther

Referee
Notice the way Rothfield treats the Panthers because of Gould's involvement with the club and the Sydney Morning Herald which Gould has a column with.

Rothfield is like a tomcat spaying everywhere to try to leave his mark.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ginnane is a dickhead, just less of a dickhead that Rothfield.

beave

Coach
What's with their dickhead nicknames? 'Buzz' and 'Bulldog' and the like. f**k off merkins your names are Phil and Dean and you wrote ABOUT the news, YOU are not the news.

To be fair, I personally couldn't think of a more apt nickname for Rothfield than 'Buzz' that hits the nail on the head so f**king beautifully............

stock-illustration-7806736-bar-fly-with-a-frothy-cold-beer.jpg

HankScorpio

Juniors
Notice the way Rothfield treats the Panthers because of Gould's involvement with the club and the Sydney Morning Herald which Gould has a column with.

Rothfield's Twitter feed is basically him paying Gus out at every opportunity. My fav was when we came up with an error in the Dragons game and Buzz jumped on it:

"Lewis Brown pass 1 metre FORWARD #5yearplan?

We ended up winning that game. I was going to rub it in, but he's not worth it.

tye

Juniors
I think Ginnane is a massive radio talent. & the MMM team is the most insightful on Radio! Rothfield is a embarresment to most sharks fans!

Rothfield apparently did the same with 2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Didn't get his own spot on the show, so bagged them mercilessly in the newspaper.

Graeme Hughes thought it was interesting since DT had done a sponsorship deal with the show, even though Rothfield said no one was listening.

aads

Juniors
gendas with reporters simply shouldn't exist - they are there to REPORT the news not to be it.

Ads

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thanks mate.

I thought Ginnane was very reasonable. I don't agree with Webster that he "bagged" him. Bagging him would be to explicitly say that Buzz gets a bit precious when he's not the centre of attention.

Ginnane just stated the facts from MMM's perspective and let listeners draw their own conclusions.

Webster's an idiot. Where in that piece of audio has Ginnane bagged Rothfield?

He said a few times he respects him even though he's at another network.

FFS these jurno's need only hear what they want to hear.

Well done to Ginnane. He spoke well in the piece and never tried to put down anybody and was very truthful.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well done to Ginnane?

He respects Rothfield FFS. What about that low life parasite who lives off the games bad moments entirely is worth respecting.

Ginnane should have called him a merkin and be done with it.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

Nailed it. The fate of Newspapers is sealed and their death can't come soon enough. Much less junk being fed to the dumb masses.

Dragon Jim

Juniors
Well done to Ginnane?

He respects Rothfield FFS. What about that low life parasite who lives off the games bad moments entirely is worth respecting.

Ginnane should have called him a merkin and be done with it.

Thats what he probably wanted to do, but he went about it professionally and still got his point across that Rothfield is indeed a merkin without needing to say it.

big hit!

Bench
As I said in another thread, I listen to the MMM call when I'm out and about on the weekends or Monday nights. I think they do a bloody good job. The whole discussion today was a frank and honest as I have heard from a person on League Radio. I'm glad they took the time to explain how it really is. While I realise this is only their prospective, it was really easy to understand based on the way the DT, 2GB and Phil in particular has behaved previously.

MMM have the best rugby league shows on radio. Sure, they have a bit of fun but most importantly, they know when that time is and when is the time to actually provide analysis.

I can't remember the last time I listened to the old farts on GB as they just talk about themselves and not the footy. 5 hours of shit both Sat & Sun.

In the modern era of the game's professionalism, Rugby League followers have been largely treated to the same old semi-pro level of broadcasting and conditioned to think that the game is just a matter of giving the ball to a player, and he either breaks the line or he gets hit. The last couple of decades of The Footy Show and shit on GB has cemented this.

In contrast, listening to blokes on MMM who actually discuss the issues at the clubs and in the game has been a revelation for radio at least.

FlameThrower

Bench
Well said, u think about all the issues and topics that can be covered, yet you've got 2gb talking about slow cookers, and lamb roasts for 2 hrs. Footy Show is a joke, and has been for 2 long, Fox has the right balance while Footy Show is rubbish...

saint.nick

Coach
Man, I love Ginnane. His passion that exerts out of his game calling is refreshing. I love how he raises his volume X100 when someone scores a try! He's also a kogarah marist old boy like me. It was good to see the triple m live show outside the stadium last night before the origin game with matty johns, Ginnane, Girds and Hannant.

saint.nick

Coach
I reckon rebecca wilson is far worse than rothfield. Her only lazy input into that paper is kicking people while they're down. Her latest victim has been Eddie Maquire. FFS, he made a casual racist comment that we've all be guilty of. It was wrong, but get the f*** over it, he's not a villain because of it! It's all she does! She waits for high profile people in the sport universe to slip up so she can pounce on it and sensationalise what a blight she reckons these people are on australia's sporting landscape, just like she's a blight on Sydney's newspaper readership!

undertaker

Coach
Man, I love Ginnane. His passion that exerts out of his game calling is refreshing. I love how he raises his volume X100 when someone scores a try! He's also a kogarah marist old boy like me. It was good to see the triple m live show outside the stadium last night before the origin game with matty johns, Ginnane, Girds and Hannant.

Very interesting interview I found of Ginnane here (just after he replaced Anthony Maroon as main caller for Triple M's Monday night football at the start of 2009):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXt1NcMc_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhKM73Th88

Goes to show that even if you have an extremely terrible TER/UAI/ATAR, you can still get far in life if you're prepared to put in the hard yards. Good on him.

Latest posts