What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

no name

Coach
"It's not my job to promote rugby league"
Benny Elias is a merkin of a man, but at least he took Buzz to task on his muck racking article.
Benny just went up a notch in my books.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh had to laugh when he said he wasn't pr for rugby league, shame Elias didn't go for the throat, he threw a jab with a dig about the damage to the game of the simona interview but didn't go for the kill when rothfield stuttered some pathetic excuse.

Haffa

Why is slothfield wearing sunnies with what appears to be a camera in the middle of it? Dirty old man in the public toilets perhaps?
That was when he went to Wanderers games in order to take another shot at RL.

taipan

Referee
As stated Elias is not one of my faves, but I cracked it when he bagged Flufffeild about the Simona story.
Also had to laugh at his comment about not his job to PR,then WTF was he doing when he attends Wanderer's games, going gaga about atmosphere,crowds,decibels.but no mention of broken seats, or fights or flares that may happen.
If you are going to report fairly do the good with the bad.He comes across as covering Gallop's a*se.Funny when there is an off field incident in the A league,Gallop doesn't comment, some other nuffie does.

When Gallop was flicked, notice Flufffield was always bagging Smith,that says something.

bnie7349

Juniors
WHO ARE YER?

''It’s nice to be so well known in AFL circles. The GWS Giants sent your columnist a cap and free membership to their matches at Spotless Stadium this year … but spelt my name wrong. It’s Rothfield, not Rotherfield.''

This was in today's 'whats the buzz' column.

taipan

Referee
WHO ARE YER?

''It’s nice to be so well known in AFL circles. The GWS Giants sent your columnist a cap and free membership to their matches at Spotless Stadium this year … but spelt my name wrong. It’s Rothfield, not Rotherfield.''

Translation: Here Phil (whatever your surname is )a cap to offset and vastly improve your much maligned head and free membership(to boost our numbers),so in the end you can provide the public with all the feel good PR stories ,to show how we are dominating Sydney.Also we thank you for continuing to bag that feelthy 13 a side code, your contribution in that regard is noted at fumble ball house.
Keep up the good work as the ,covert fumble ball ambassador.Cheque is in the mail, without fail.

El Diablo

Post Whore
WHO ARE YER?

sounds like John Grant works for GWS

undertaker

Coach
Video of the Elias-Slothfield dialogue, especially at 13:30-50 where Slothfield comes clean and says that he's not there to promote rugby league.:

And yes, Ben Ikin is weak as piss jumping in saying they had to move on. Slothfield should've been made to respond to Elias, and Ikin shows himself as the News Ltd stooge he is.

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
I cringed at his fawning over Rebecca Frizzell and Ralene Castle. Nothing creepy about that at all.

*shudder*

taipan

Referee
Note in today's Sunday Telecrap,he bagged the fall in Sydney NRL crowds ,singling out only the clubs' lack of promotion and media restrictions.
Decided to respond to flushy features ."Ever heard about the month of March having the biggest rainfall since 1975,ever checked on the crap scheduling added to this Try mid Week Thursday nights 8pm and the ridiculous 6pm time slot for Fridays.None of which family friendly nor working people able to or willing whilst the rain drenches everyone."
These journos live in a bubble ,(the employer's bubble) where reality is something that doesn't exist or a mere figment of people's imagination.

How much PR would have got extra thousands to watch the Sharks v Rabbitohs, in a cyclone two years ago?
They dispense more bullish*t, than exists on Gina Hancocks massive cattle stations.

Video of the Elias-Slothfield dialogue, especially at 13:30-50 where Slothfield comes clean and says that he's not there to promote rugby league.:

And yes, Ben Ikin is weak as piss jumping in saying they had to move on. Slothfield deserved the right to respond, and Ikin shows himself as the News Ltd stooge he is.

Glad I missed it. Everyone who watched it is now dumber for having done so. Sloth, Backdoor and Ikin couldn't combine their intellect to draw a game of tic-tac-toe with a stick.