What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo of Illawarra heritage jersey

Collateral

Coach
Jimbo said:
I reckon it looks pretty good actually. It's about time Illawarra received the recognition they deserve. It should be your full time alternate jumper.

:clap:
Couldnt agree more :!:

You St george people are a bunch a f**king girls.

Some of us, not all of us. Amongst the general population some 51% of people are female so its only natural that a fair bunch of St George 'people' will be women.

its a joint venture, you act like it isn't.

It's a joint venture, maybe we should the other side to that and demand that they start paying 50% of the bills and relinquish there two extra games?

Listen you can wank on about the Steelers needing recognition because this is a JV all you like but it was agreed from outset that St George identity was non-negotiable. This is the very basis of what the club was founded on.

I hope they do use it for an away jersy just to piss you off.

Constructive.

But as you mention it making it the away jersey would be pretty useless as Illawarra fans dont get to away games.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Sorry mate, I dont have problem using or not using the Jersey at all, what I do have a problem with is Ex-Stgeorge fans bitching and whining about even seeing the jersey.

They are half of the joint venture and I don't think it should be that much of an issue to use it every now and then.

You have it your way most of the time and when something like this happens you jump up and down like spoilt brats.

Focus on the footy and stop complaining

Southernsaint

Staff member
DRRRAGONS said:
Sorry mate, I dont have problem using or not using the Jersey at all, what I do have a problem with is Ex-Stgeorge fans bitching and whining about even seeing the jersey.
So we're all just expected to sit there and blindly accept everything the club feeds us?? If we'd had that attitude in the mid-90's the Easts merger probably would have gone through. Likewise, the same attitude would have seen us still playing at the SFS instead of Jubilee. Lucky we had the SOS & R2K people in the trenches for us then...

DRRRAGONS said:
They are half of the joint venture and I don't think it should be that much of an issue to use it every now and then.
So they're half the joint-venture & we should split things equally?? Well we can start with funding for the football club & home ground allocation, then we'll see about letting them wear their old jumper.

DRRRAGONS said:
You have it your way most of the time and when something like this happens you jump up and down like spoilt brats.

"We" have it our own way most of the time because that was the conditions of the JV that were agreed on at the time & because the St George side fund most of the running of the JV. Illawarra had 17 years to run their own club & look what happened to them.

Bring on the Tigers on Sunday.

Cheers,
Ben S.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
So we're all just expected to sit there and blindly accept everything the club feeds us?? If we'd had that attitude in the mid-90's the Easts merger probably would have gone through. Likewise, the same attitude would have seen us still playing at the SFS instead of Jubilee. Lucky we had the SOS & R2K people in the trenches for us then...

I think that is beyond an overreaction to wearing a Jersey once in a blue moon,

So they're half the joint-venture & we should split things equally?? Well we can start with funding for the football club & home ground allocation, then we'll see about letting them wear their old jumper.

Again you are overreacting, I didnt even say split it equally

"We" have it our own way most of the time because that was the conditions of the JV that were agreed on at the time & because the St George side fund most of the running of the JV. Illawarra had 17 years to run their own club & look what happened to them.

Look mate if you don't approve of what your club chose to do, maybe you should find a new one

Mong

Post Whore
We are the St George Boys .. oops sorry
We are the St George Illawarra Boys .. nope

sung to the tune of more beer more beer

we suck we suck, we suck we suck, we suck we suck we suck
we suck we suck we suck we suck, we suck we suck we suck

HOw about this year instead of having signs with players names we have Doust flags...

Doubtfull Doust
Dodgy Doust
Dopey Doust
Doey Doust
and finally
Doust you stoopid (eagles) f**k, stop ruining my god damn club !!!

Mong

Post Whore
HeHeHe it was the best banner of the year (and appropriate on the night as well).

Mong says What?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis, you should've made that "Honk If You're Hornby" banner. It'd would've been a classic.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Yeah the Honk one would be awesome but I don't have the patience to sit down and make it. I'm a man of ideas not of action.

I suggested it on Buzz Bhoys DAF before being forcibly exiled and someone said they'd make it but I've not seen it at any games.

The best banner would be one with a hooped sock inset with the words 'The Sock My Father Wore'. I'm told its already being developed into a song…

SaintTPP

First Grade
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Yeah the Honk one would be awesome but I don't have the patience to sit down and make it. I'm a man of ideas not of action.

I suggested it on Buzz Bhoys DAF before being forcibly exiled and someone said they'd make it but I've not seen it at any games.

The best banner would be one with a hooped sock inset with the words 'The Sock My Father Wore'. I'm told its already being developed into a song…
Why don't you make it?? Would be a great banner and I'm sure it will make it on TV many times aswell.

Anonymous

Juniors
DRRRAGONS said:
I dont have problem using or not using the Jersey at all, what I do have a problem with is Ex-Stgeorge fans bitching and whining about even seeing the jersey.

Ex-StGeorge fans?? Drrragons... weren't you the forummer 4 Corners who I said had the smell of goangod about him?
Look, I know the Illawarra are a great district and deserve every recognition for the role which has been played.
But I suggest you stop complaining 'like a girl' and accept that some of us... indeed some the greatest supporters you could ever hope to come to across, still call them 'St George' - get used to it because we're not going away.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Ex-StGeorge fans?? Drrragons

What not simple enough for you ?

weren't you the forummer 4 Corners who I said had the smell of goangod about him?

Relevance?

But I suggest you stop complaining 'like a girl' and accept that some of us... indeed some the greatest supporters you could ever hope to come to across, still call them 'St George' - get used to it because we're not going away.

Obviously during you bout of self righteous bias, you have skipped the real essence and attack during this thread and once again proven how arrogant you dinosaurs are!

Dinasours? 1998 isnt exactly pre-history.

We'll be aroud for a fair while yet. If you dont like it, maybe you could take your own advise and support another club? How about the SHHHARKIES.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
If you don’t like it

If I don't like what? that you put sh!t on Illawarra and their history at every opportunity?

You are the one that can't accept the merger or acknowledge the club has two distinct histories.

SirShire

First Grade
You have to lurrrrve seeing merged teams fighting amongst themselves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Up the mighty Sharks!

DRRRAGONS said:
If you don’t like it

If I don't like what? that you put sh!t on Illawarra and their history at every opportunity?

You are the one that can't accept the merger or acknowledge the club has two distinct histories.

Well I wasn't aware that we where in a merger. If we are then we would only have one history and it would only go back five years. One Dragons Brand United – remember?

I don't know mate, maybe you like going round adopting other clubs as you see fit. Not me. The Steelers aren't my club so I don't know why I should accept them as such.

So I'll dump shit on them as I see fit, just as I do to all clubs the rub me the wrong way.

Maybe you should just accept that many people don't change club allegiances so readily as you and that a lot of Saints fans wont have the Scarlet banner of failure hoisted over them by the board.

Just out of interest, where you a Saints or Steeler fan before the JV? Or maybe you one of them Dragons fans....

ps I dont dump on the Illawarra 'at every opportunity'. It's a nice region, just a pity it could'nt support a football team.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Just out of interest, where you a Saints or Steeler fan before the JV?

I was an Illawarra Steeler fan since a young lad,

The whole point of this debate is that it is a joint venture, thus to recognise the Illawarra half occasionally is hardly unreasonable.

If Saints fans go around putting sh!t on the Steelers and their history every time something like this comes up, of course we fans will get offended.

Our team joined with your team and we lost the majority of our identity while you retained yours. To recognise that we still exist every now and then makes us feel a little better.

Latest posts