What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick a Nikorima.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
It kind of helps getting the "runs on the board" when you're 2 1/2 years older.

Kodi turns 22 in April. And Jayden only turns 20 at the end of the 2016 season in October.

It'll be very interesting to see how well Jayden is going with another 2 1/2 years development under his belt. He's certainly made the right career move coming to the Roosters I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Ftr, Broncos fans were filthy when we signed Nikorima (despite having Hunt and Milf... greedy!). The general concensus was that Jayden is the more talented brother... some suggesting by a distance. Again, that's from the mouths of most Broncos fans...

I never said that Jayden wouldn't become the better player, I was just stating the facts that Kodi has made it while Jayden hasn't, yet. Some coaches would prefer that over "potential", which sometimes comes off and sometimes doesn't.

Off course Broncos fans are pissed off we lost Jayden, it always happens when a club loses a talented player. It's true you can keep them all but that doesn't have to stop people from being annoyed about it. If Roosters still had RTS and lost Latrell Mitchell, would they be pissed off? Yes I should think so!

Yes it is well known that Jayden is considered the more talented player, what's your point? What that translates to is another question.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hmmm, I'll pick the more mature one at this point. Isn't Jayden already embroiled in the Mitchell Pearce debacle?
Anyway, its not all about talent, attitude is what gets you there....maturity and experience will probably ease out talent any day. Be interesting to see
Yeah Jayden was totally embroiled. Sitting quietly at a private party, being respectful and minding his own business.

Tear up his contract and lock him away I say!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Doesn't matter diddly squat about what they've done last year.
Doesn't matter diddly squat what they will achieve this year.

Read the question, it's all about the WCC.
Who will perform better there.

Too many eager beavers here and yet they fail to read the question that's posed.

Personally, I think between the two - Kodi will do better at the WCC. I am looking forward to seeing how Jayden goes though - This from a non Roosters or Broncos supporter.

Big Pete

Referee
Hmm the makeshift five-eight who wouldn't even be on the bench if Pearce didn't f*ck up or a guy who's actually played first grade and is in the top 17 players at his club? Tough one.

Jayden was set to fill the bench utility role even before the Pearce balls-up.

He's certainly made the right career move coming to the Roosters I'm sure we can all agree on that.

Nope.

Sydney have a wealth of young talented five-eighths. Signing Nikorima on top of that was just greedy and he would have been better off at Manly, Melbourne or Canterbury.

In fact, unless Pearce gets sacked, he's going to end up exactly where he would have at the Broncos - coming off the bench.

The general concensus was that Jayden is the more talented brother... some suggesting by a distance. Again, that's from the mouths of most Broncos fans...

And the Roosters have paid him accordingly.

That's one element that cannot be overlooked. Jayden was offered a king's ransom to head down south, while Kodi accepted an affordable short-term deal.

I doubt Kodi will stick around at the Broncos.
Bailey Sironen.

Once Bayley learns how to hold onto the ball...maybe...

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Yeah Jayden was totally embroiled. Sitting quietly at a private party, being respectful and minding his own business.

Tear up his contract and lock him away I say!

Lol, not saying he was doing anything wrong mate...just saying that his inexperience & youth perhaps found him in a situation whereas some maturity might have seen a different scenario. The question was 'pick a Nikorama' and I gave my opinion based on maturity and experience being a deciding factor in which one I'd pick, not on talent - imo those things are also reflected on the field.
Given time Jayden may surpass his brother and I wish them both well

Whilst not an official debut, that would have to be up there with the greatest debuts of all time.

If he plays a similar game against souffs and keeps it up for the rest of the year; we'll have our rookie of the year.

That was a wonderful debut by a 19 year old. He is a star of the present, let alone the future.

It will be interesting now to see if brother Kodi can equal that performance tomorrow against the might of Wigan.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Whilst not an official debut, that would have to be up there with the greatest debuts of all time.

If he plays a similar game against souffs and keeps it up for the rest of the year; we'll have our rookie of the year.

lol wot?

He carved up St Helens mate. Saint bloody Helens

Lets try to contain ourselves a little bit aye

ellskimore

Juniors

get.gif

kbw

Bench
lol wot?

He carved up St Helens mate. Saint bloody Helens

Lets try to contain ourselves a little bit aye

Absolutely. I was impressed with Nikorima and there is a chance the roosters could be entertaining if he plays this year, but St Helen's showed the gap between the NRL and Superleague today. He certainly won't have the room he did today

Incidentally, does anyone know the ethnic and geographical origin of the Nikorima brothers?

Kodi has played for New Zealand and Jayden wants to play for Australia. Strange situation.