What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick up your act Eels Office!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Today was the diabolical end to a shambles of a season.

How do I feel? Well, how do we all feel?

You know my thoughts on Smith, but what about the rest?

Today we needed a 28 point winning margin. We coneded 40!

And to make matters worse, we can't console each other or release our frustration on our own clubs messageboard. Why? Because no one will be there tomoderate it!

This year, we, as Parra fans passionate enough to flood messageboards, have been treated like shit by the club. No wonder we were treated in a similar vein by our clubs defence.

That we have to come here to mingle is a disgrace. Pick up your act, Parramatta!

El Diablo

Post Whore
How the hell did Vaealiki pass a fitness test? :-k

The send off today was a shocker. Are there any referees out there that are worthy of a feed?

glamour_eel

Juniors
It's only because it's Craigey Gower, leading Dally M contender nobody dare touch Craig. Johns is out so they have to have a glory boy and its Gower.

It's a weird thing, I feel sorry for Reff's because im stumped as to why one would choose such a profession. But it seems as though they just can't cut it.

Anyway....peace out....I have a relaxing off season to look forward to!

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I thought we played alright. We weren't playing to win. We were playing to win by 28 or more. Once that was no chance we lacked a bit of determination and played a team with plenty. Still I though we really tried hard.

Rylesy

Juniors
Maybe they tried too hard to get the points... as they knew it was on the line...

Suitman

Post Whore
Back to the topic at point,

The Eels Office frankly don't give much of a toss about the Message Board.
That was made plainly obvious many times with their arrogant view towards censorship and discipline.
Their refusal to answer reasonable questions put to them on a thread started by them.
And the dismissive replies to some emails I sent them was the last straw.

Frankly, I 'm glad there has been an exodus away from their site.
We still love the Eels. We'll still support them. And we will still all talk about them.
We just won't be doing it on a site that their sponsers would like us to.

And who's fault is that?

Suity

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, an end-of-season evaluation of the handling of the parraeels message board in 2003 would highlight several negatives.

I'm sure that messageboard issues just took up more time than the office predicted or allowed for? This came through in inconsistency, disorganisation, and panic at various stages of the year. It's a great idea, with good intentions, but in the end fell to pieces (and for more reasons than Hadley is to blame).

Here's hoping the off-season is used wisely by the parraeels office in hiring someone with an understanding of how to run and maintain (not just build) this type of technology, and how to build policies and a system for the forum that will work (for them and fans) during 2004.

But hey, this place is alright anyway huh?

bartman

Immortal
Yeah El Duque, that's probabaly the main problem!

The office needs to not only pay web designers to design the site, but maintain someone on office staff who knows what they are doing with internet forums, electronic relations with fans etc. I got the impression from how things went there this year they didn't have any staff with an understanding of internet community building and that the forums were more of a last priority (perhaps understandably amongst staff's other duties).

The crisis management of issues related to the site forums was very poor this year as a result. If they get the expertise in during the off-season they can then have sensible policies about moderating (like this site), clear policies about behaviour and conduct (not inconsistent sin binning), and good ideas that are actually followed through (questions thread). And the site could reach its potential for both fans and the office.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yes, but years ago, when Trish Sinclair had a far more visible hand in it,it was run very well. At one stage it was the 2nd busiest club messageboard in Australia (behind Hawthorn).

The management have let it own.

Also, the amount of morons on there who bag the crap out of people who disagree with them is a main factor as well. It's a symptom of a non moderated website.

Rylesy

Juniors
Well Trish Sinclair is back at the Club, so maybe things will pick up but she is in a different dept this time around. Trish is really nice person and easy to get along with.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I went back there tonight **shudder**

The place is festooned with idiots CONGRATULATING the club on their performances this year.

Yes, congratulating!

One moron even stated, and I quote: "Hope we can do it again next year"

THEY WANT TO MISS THE FINALS!!!!!

When did Parramatta's fan base go from being supremely intelligent to supremely simple (present company excepted of course ;-) )?

tracksuitman

Juniors
Suitman said:

That was made plainly obvious many times with their arrogant view towards censorship and discipline.
Their refusal to answer reasonable questions put to them on a thread started by them.

We still love the Eels. We'll still support them. And we will still all talk about them.

And who's fault is that?

Suity
Hey, I saw you on the Eels site, you're still whinging!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't know people would go back to the site.......im quite enjoying this one....and rleague.com just seems like a faint memory now!!

I feel it's better to be on a forum which includes other teams instead of isolating yourself.....it provides more variety!!

Suitman

Post Whore
tracksuitman said:
Suitman said:

And who's fault is that?

Suity
Hey, I saw you on the Eels site, you're still whinging!

lol. :lol:

Great nickname too, by the way. :D

Suity