What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of OLD Lang Park?

yankeerugger

Juniors
would anyone have any links to pictures of the OLD Lang Park prior to the major renovations? Being new to the code, I did not have the privlidge of getting to know the old park. Was just currious what this venue was like. Haven't been able to locate any on the web.

Thanks.

Titanic

First Grade
langpark.jpg
Crushers/Wests 1979

mightybears

Bench
Titanic said:
langpark.jpg
Crushers/Wests 1979

If this is the second last match they played-when they beat wests by 20 odd, then i'm sitting on the other side of the ground about in line with the tryline in view.

minty

Juniors
I was there that day in 82...sat in the nosebleed section in the stand! What a game...and what a night back at Wynnum...and I also got to drink champers out of the Cup in the dressing room! I have some pics from the 79 GF too somewhere...but I wouldnt know where to start looking for them :(

yankeerugger

Juniors
WOW, what a pick from the 82 GF! Hard to believe that that stadium ended up looking like the park we now know! Fabulous!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
If you could move the flag on the left, I reckon you could see me.

What a way to celebrate my 25th birthday.

You're right, minty, it was a big night - big week actually.

Titanic

First Grade
queenslandfan said:
^ u mean 1997 i think.
Yes of course 1997 - sorry, my typing ain't what it used to be. Excellent pic from '82 - who can remember what was a Craven Filter or worse what they tasted like? Brings back memories to a bloke who first trained with Wests when we used to be on the outside field before Purtell Park - sorry no pics - in those days no cameras ... lol

minty

Juniors
;-) It was a big week....and we had a ball!! My pic from 79 was from the papers...I was a promo girl back then;);-)

Brutus

Referee
God thats not far of some of the Syney grand finals in the early/mid 80's.

What crowds did the club teams get in the comp.

Yeah, but the only reason those Sydney GF's seemed lower than usual in terms of crowds was due to the constant redevelopments going on at the SCG during that time.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Yeah, but the only reason those Sydney GF's seemed lower than usual in terms of crowds was due to the constant redevelopments going on at the SCG during that time.

Is that why there was 57000 in 1981 and something like 40000 in 1983.

Latest posts