What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player changes essential at Warriors

Penrose_11

Juniors
I can't see Ben being moved on. Mooks surely won't be taking a lot of advice from McFadd on the player retention front. If he does then we'll be fielding a team full Mamalo's, Wrights and Gubbs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well i wish he'd change his running style. The way he jogs up to the defence implies laziness or disinterest. Wouldnt mind if he had Lisones enthusiasm when he hits it up (minus the penalties and brain explosions)

I think that's deceptive though. Remember Steve Price never looked like he ran all that hard and was averaging 200m+ per game. I don't think Bens best attribute is hitting the line hard, he's more of a footwork at the line and suck in defenders wary of an offload type prop. What I'd like to see from him mainly is more offloads and a general workrate improvement.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
In regards to the Prop situation, ive noticed alot of people calling for Sam Moa. Do people really want him, or are we actually in the hunt for him? He doesn't seem much better than Lisone or Vete according to his stats.

Averages 10.6 runs per game for an average of 95.4 metres with 20 tackles per game. On top of that he is into his 30's and definitely doesn't seem to be the same player he was a couple of seasons ago.

I'd steer clear and target someone else

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No thanks. I think Vete is progressing well enough and is much younger. Just needs to fix his defensive issues and play a few more min.

Meth

Staff member
I think Vete is going great, personally. Would be my starting prop every week.

8- Vete
10- Matulino

14- Lillyman
15- Lisone

Penrose_11

Juniors
Vete, Matulino, Lillyman yes, but I'd be adding Sipley in that mix. With a solid pre-season and actual coaching/ instruction of the role required from him, he could be that big bopper we're after. Playing 10-15 minutes either side of half time and he can increase his minutes from there. If he could play a similar role to Fafita, Kasiano but without the grub, then he'd be doing alright.

Meth

Staff member
I have a lot of excitement about Sipley. Maybe more impact forward than propping rotation at the moment though.

Would be more fruitful than Gubb

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I think Vete is going great, personally. Would be my starting prop every week.

8- Vete
10- Matulino

14- Lillyman
15- Lisone

I disagree, I think he's shown glimpses of what he could be, but has been rather dissapointing. Only made 100m 3 times a year and averaged 80m total. Pretty average really. I think he could be great but he didn't show enough development this year for me

vvvrulz

Coach
We have to stop pointing at poor meter numbers this year, it's a red herring.

Everyone's meters are majorly short because of the epic Manu/Ken tactic, the lack of minutes the props get, and the lack of consistent ball because some idiot like Bodene dropped it. Even Gavet, his numbers are terrible but wtf is he supposed to do in 10 minutes in a team busy getting destroyed?

Of the lot only Gubb truly sucks imo, give the rest the license to do their job and they'll be fine.
One extra experience high-class prop would be awesome, but we have enough.

Latest posts