What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements

Rooster boy

Juniors
Can anyone tell me the squad from wynnum manly seagulls?????? i have heard rumours that they have bought a lot of players from sydney????? How is the form of mark ogden? didnt he break his wrist pretty bad????? a player to watch out for if fit!!!!!!! people are watching mark

Jersey Shark

Juniors
Squad hasn't been finalised just yet. Ogden had surgery on his wrist in the off season but is making steady progress. Also Jermaine Alberts has left the club and gone to the West Tigers.

dizi

Juniors
Unfortunately the paper also stated that Nick Paterson has gone to Manly and not Easts Tigers, while Karl Lovell has decided to retire due to injuries. This is a big loss for the comp and Easts and I know many people were looking forward to seeing these two go around.

On a positive note we will be able to see Aaron Lewis play. Personally I rate him quite highly as player who could have gone a long way, however I believe he has blown his best oppourtunity to become a NRL star due to his attitude.

SP

Bench
any news of Reagen Pratten? he used to play for Bribie Island (oops i mean Pacific Harbour :roll: ) Warrigals last yr, and last i heard (dont know if it was true) that he went to a Qld cup team

SP

Bench
any news of Reagen Pratten? he used to play for Bribie Island (oops i mean Pacific Harbour :roll: ) Warrigals last yr, and last i heard (dont know if it was true) that he went to a Qld cup team

Rooster boy

Juniors
Alberts, being a long standing roosters supporter, alberts is seen is a wasted talent. why would you go from playing with the cowboys in the nrl and then the next year play what under age footy for ipswich. I see kelly egan is coaching the premier league again!!!!?????? have heard rumours that not all playnig roster is happy about that??????????????????????

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Kelly Egan coached Wynnum Seagulls in the Queensland Cup last year.

Wynnum finished third - their best performance ever in the Cup.

I know there were a few issues between Egan and some of the older players early last season but they were sorted out and the Gulls had a great and seemingly harmonious year. All Wynnum supporters are looking forward to a successful 2004 with some new signings and Kelly Egan in charge.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Kelly Egan seems a very capable coach to me possibly one of the best in the Qld Cup. Maybe it's not a bad thing if some of those older guys moved on if they weren't happy with the coach.

They will be hard to toss this season if they improve on last season. They will be a better side for last season after not having their best game in the Prelim Final.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I don't think last year's problems were any big deal and were quickly sorted out.

The Gulls should go well in 2004 but the competition is so tough now that it wouldn't surprise me if they missed the finals. They've lost the Qld Cup's best player - David Seage plus the experience of Keough and possibly Carige. A few of the "stars" - Maher, Bourke, MacPherson etc aren't getting any younger.

A lot will depend on how the new forwards go and players like Lambert and Quinn not getting injured.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
You are right this could be best Qld Cup season yet. I think who ever has the best run with injuries will win the comp this year.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
While hoping Wynnum will be there at the end, there is plenty of competition for finals spots with Redcliffe, Burleigh, Norths, Toowoomba, Easts and Young Guns all very strong and Ipswich and Tweed not far behind.

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how Tweed go this year they seem to have lost a lot of their better players and I haven't heard who is replacing them.

dizi

Juniors
Any word on where Danny MacAllister will be playing this year, or is he still deciding?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Sgt Schultz said:
It will be interesting to see how Tweed go this year they seem to have lost a lot of their better players and I haven't heard who is replacing them.

We hadn't heard of many of their players this time last year either but they did alright.

Someone actually told me Tweed were interested in McAllister. Been a real saga.

dizi

Juniors
Todays Sunday Mail stated that Redcliffe are close to signing two players with Sydney football experience. Does anyone know who they are?

And does anyone know what happened to Stan Berryman for Burleigh? The paper said that his whereabouts are unknown.

dizi said:
Todays Sunday Mail stated that Redcliffe are close to signing two players with Sydney football experience. Does anyone know who they are?

And does anyone know what happened to Stan Berryman for Burleigh? The paper said that his whereabouts are unknown.

No idea dizi but it's good to see the Sunday Mail doing the Qld Cup club profiles once again.

Diehards

Juniors
when did the sunday mail start doing the profiles this year?

Living down here in Wollongong this is the only place i can get my Qld Cup fix!!!!

And Mud, I havent forgotten about your program, i will pm you to tell you whats happening