What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player of the Year

Warriors player of the year 2003

• Sione Faumuina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Webb

• Stacey Jones

• Logan Swann

• Monty Betham

• Vinnie Anderson

• Henry Fa'afili

• Jerry SeuSeu

• Total voters

Anonymous

Juniors
Did even of you happen to see the Ryan Cross try last Sunday? Francis stayed out on his wing then, did you like it?

bayrep

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
I would appreciate it if you actually looked at performances this year, rather than just picking your favourite players.

Clinton Toopi :roll:

Chill TH, did you get out of the wrong side of bed today matie. Everyone to their own.

Anonymous

Juniors
No, I'm just replying to indirect suggestions that the poll options should be different, and urging people to vote sensibly. Each to their own is one thing, but deep down we all know that there are really only a few reasonable options here. I think I'll edit the poll and remove Fa'afili though.

*apparently you can't edit polls :p But we can always count the other votes manually (although the 2 people who voted for Toopi probably voted for someone else as well, which just makes things very confusing)

Master Vitaly

Juniors
I would have voted Clinton Toopi. I read somewhere that Thierry ain't to fond of him which I'm guessing explains his absence.. ;-) Other than him my vote went to Francis Meli, he's a proven finisher with 17 tries this season and some of this hits he pulled off were SICKENING! Doesn't take much to impress me.. big hits and heap of tries! 8)

Anonymous

Juniors
It's astonishing that so many people are unable to even feign rationality.

The first thing I considered when putting up poll options, were players who had actually played a few games this year (Villasanti :roll: ) because that's the only real unbiased indicator.

Other than that, I did my absolute best to be reasonable. How can you honestly say that Toopi has been the Warriors best player THIS SEASON? The first part of the year he was terrible, then he disappeared with an injury/fight with the coach, now he's returned and had a few good games at the back end of the season.

Look, maybe he's your favourite player-lovely. But there's no way anyone in their right mind could say he has been our best player IN 2003. OVERALL.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Its hard to pick a player overall when the team looked like a shadow of its former self for a pretty long time mid-season.

Meli has had his deficiencies in defence on a number of occasions, but has also put in a number of excellent performances.
Webb has come a long way after a shaky start & has strung together a number of strong matches, as a playmaker & a defender. Most improved, but not the best overall, IMO.
I think Logan Swann has had his best season & is maybe the most consistent performer of the yr.

Overall, I voted for Sione. He grabbed all the attention for his flamboyant syle of play earlier on in the season, but he doesnt shirk the hard yards either, defends well, has a low error rate, a decent work-rate, can play pretty much any position & still contribute.

Rudolph

Juniors
I like Clinton Toopi, he’s probably one of my favourite Warriors. But there's no way he can be voted player of the year.

That'll be like saying Murphy was the Warrior Player of the year.

Master Vitaly

Juniors
Don't sweat it Thierry, just thought I'd be annoying.. But thats what biased fans do, don't matter how Clint's played this year. But in the end I opted for Meli.. there you go!

Latest posts